• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,321 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Raze said:

I was so excited to get this today as I’ve been wanting a copy for a while now. When I opened it up and was counting the pages I noticed that it was missing half a page and a full page!

this is the third book in a row that I have bought on eBay that has been missed stated or the seller was unaware of the defects. Contacted the seller who does not except returns but I am hoping that he will.

You guys can all find it on eBay but nowhere in the description or the item title does it say it is incomplete at all. Hopefully he takes it back with no problems...

Sorry to hear that he tried to rip you off, but you can come out whole.

The way eBay works is that if a seller does state that he accepts returns, the buyer has to pay the return postage if the book was received as described. If the seller states that he doesn't accept returns and the book is not as described, then the seller pays.  

I would simply ignore the seller and open a not as described case with eBay, who will contact the seller, and then send you a pre-paid return label.  Once tracking shows that he has received the book back, they will reimburse your bid and initial postage cost, and it doesn't matter how you paid.  PayPal of course offers another layer of protection, but I don't think you need that here.

17 minutes ago, Raze said:

@KirbyJack @OtherEric

@fifties @Robot Man @Namtak

UPDATE

This seller was Amazing in his response! After I contacted him @ 7:50 cst  he responded at 7:52 pm with 

"sorry that happened. send the book back and ill refund your money"

Then at 7:55 pm

"on second thought just keep it and ill refund you"

Then 7:56

"i just sent you the money keep the book as a reader"

Then I asked to make sure and I got this

"yes you keep the book and money due to it will be hard to sell to anybody. plus you can read most. Also it was my fault I didn't check it.

So I left positive feedback!! 

Also when I posted I was a little annoyed and said it was the 3rd EC in a row with problems...not true this is 3 out of 4 my last one was a steal in my opinion!

Ill check and see if I posted it...nope here it is!

Scan 2021-3-11 22.08.12.jpg

Glad it worked out for you. I would be so ashamed, I’d probably do the same thing. 

21 minutes ago, Raze said:

@KirbyJack @OtherEric

@fifties @Robot Man @Namtak

UPDATE

This seller was Amazing in his response! After I contacted him @ 7:50 cst  he responded at 7:52 pm with 

"sorry that happened. send the book back and ill refund your money"

Then at 7:55 pm

"on second thought just keep it and ill refund you"

Then 7:56

"i just sent you the money keep the book as a reader"

Then I asked to make sure and I got this

"yes you keep the book and money due to it will be hard to sell to anybody. plus you can read most. Also it was my fault I didn't check it.

So I left positive feedback!! 

Also when I posted I was a little annoyed and said it was the 3rd EC in a row with problems...not true this is 3 out of 4 my last one was a steal in my opinion!

Ill check and see if I posted it...nope here it is!

Nice Two-Fisted Tales!

And it's always nice when a dealer treats you nicely like that; I've had a few like that.  None that I recall on an EC, but I have a coverless Venus #13 the seller told me to keep when he sent me the wrong book, as well as him sending me the right one (a coverless Venus #12). 

4 hours ago, thejudge01 said:

Just picked up these 2 Canadian copies of Weird Science 1 and Weird Fantasy 1

They go nicely with my Canadian copy of Mad #1 and Weird Suspenstories #1

I've acquired all these books in the last 10 months

If I spent  the next 10 years looking for all four I dont  it would be possible to find copies of these again!

You've done well, congrats!  Weird Suspenstories is rarer than hens teeth, and when I was actively collecting on eBay, I don't think I saw more than maybe two copies over a good 10 year period.

17 hours ago, thejudge01 said:

Just picked up these 2 Canadian copies of Weird Science 1 and Weird Fantasy 1

They go nicely with my Canadian copy of Mad #1 and Weird Suspenstories #1

I've acquired all these books in the last 10 months

If I spent  the next 10 years looking for all four I dont  it would be possible to find copies of these again!

20210311_230219.jpg

20210311_225154.jpg

IMG_20200923_075907_934.jpg

Nice group! WSS is such a tough one. Never had the chance to buy one. I have a Canada MAD #5 and a couple others only because they landed in my lap. Are you going for the horror Canada #1’s?

58 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Nice group! WSS is such a tough one. Never had the chance to buy one. I have a Canada MAD #5 and a couple others only because they landed in my lap. Are you going for the horror Canada #1’s?

Wasn't planning on any canadian ECs other than the WSS which took over a decade to track down. The opportunity just presented itself with the others . 

9 hours ago, thejudge01 said:

Wasn't planning on any canadian ECs other than the WSS which took over a decade to track down. The opportunity just presented itself with the others . 

There is s fairly priced HOF #15 (#1) for sale right here on the boards right now. Rarely see it.