• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,321 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Mr.Fantastic said:

Any room in here for a new EC Addict??

I have yet to own an EC book, but the history, the covers, the story-lines have me hooked !!

Should I try to do a run of a certain title or just collect the covers I like?? Any suggestions from the EC veterans??

Welcome!  We always have room for more here!

If you’re not sure where to start, I would track down some reprints and figure out what you’re most interested in to start.  I think the War books are a great place to start right now, they’re super cheap compared to the other genres.  Panic and New Direction books are also cheap, but mostly aren’t as good as the other titles.  They’re still better than 98% of the books from era, just not as good as the rest of the EC’s (with some exceptions.)

You might also look for covers you like that haven’t made the classic cover list, there are lots of great covers that aren’t recognized yet.

58 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

Welcome!  We always have room for more here!

If you’re not sure where to start, I would track down some reprints and figure out what you’re most interested in to start.  I think the War books are a great place to start right now, they’re super cheap compared to the other genres.  Panic and New Direction books are also cheap, but mostly aren’t as good as the other titles.  They’re still better than 98% of the books from era, just not as good as the rest of the EC’s (with some exceptions.)

You might also look for covers you like that haven’t made the classic cover list, there are lots of great covers that aren’t recognized yet.

Thanks, sounds like some great advice.  I currently have several covers that I like a lot, but they are all spread over different titles. I'm torn as to whether I want to start a run of one title now, or just go after my favorite covers, and start a run later. 

4 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

I collected all of my favorite title, Two-Fisted Tales.B8F7A1F9-9514-4238-B8AB-58D6D5CB6EC6.thumb.jpeg.6069594b28918f403a52113ed1e5bae7.jpeg

Now I just add books as I can. No rush; but I did feel some urgency to acquire a significant horror book before I was completely priced out on them.

That brings up another question for me. What kind of price increases have EC books seen over the past few years/months?  Have they been steadily rising or have they exploded recently like some of the SA books?

1 minute ago, KirbyJack said:

I’m an oddity, and the war books are my favorites. Most people associate EC with horror. 

What do you like?

I'm drawn to the Crime, Shock, and Horror titles, although any book with a cool cover will get my attention.

I will say that I am probably pulled towards more of the Crime Suspenstories covers overall as a title more than any other title. although a few really creep me out. But, Tales from the Crypt, Vault of Horror, and the Weird Science/Fantasy covers are awesome as well.