• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,315 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Like all the EC artists, Feldstein had his own style. Like Wood but unlike Williamson, he was very virsital and executed not only covers but interior stories to almost the whole line of ECs. 

He was there from the start. He and Craig probably did the most work for this publisher. 

And don’t forget, he also wrote most of their output. He was a very busy man.

When EC stopped publishing comics, he was the Editor of MAD for like forever. 

Do you get the feeling I am a Feldstein fan?

Fully agree! He was also famous enough (along with Gaines) to be immortalized on this Atlas cover. It really looks like them. RM, did you ever speak with your EC authority buddy whether he believes this is in fact supposed to be Feldstein and Gaines?

Strange Tales # 50.jpg

9 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Fully agree! He was also famous enough (along with Gaines) to be immortalized on this Atlas cover. It really looks like them. RM, did you ever speak with your EC authority buddy whether he believes this is in fact supposed to be Feldstein and Gaines?

Strange Tales # 50.jpg

Love that issue! Supposedly the “End of the Line” was a reference to the code coming in and effectively ending EC. Yeah, I showed him my copy. He wasn’t aware of it. He did agree that this seemed either a jab at them or a tribute. 

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

Love that issue! Supposedly the “End of the Line” was a reference to the code coming in and effectively ending EC. Yeah, I showed him my copy. He wasn’t aware of it. He did agree that this seemed either a jab at them or a tribute. 

Pretty sure, if it's deliberate, it's a tribute.  The issue would have been on the stands around the time the Feldstein written Yellow Claw #1 was.

10 minutes ago, Albert Thurgood said:

I am expecting some more posts in this thread after today's auction. Unfortunately, my bids were not successful :(

I missed out on one I wanted badly last night, but I had my breaking point and at twice FMV I had to stop.

On the brighter side.......I will definitely post some later tonight if I win.  It will be my first ever EC purchase. :banana:

1 hour ago, Mr.Fantastic said:

I missed out on one I wanted badly last night, but I had my breaking point and at twice FMV I had to stop.

On the brighter side.......I will definitely post some later tonight if I win.  It will be my first ever EC purchase. :banana:

Should I post my EC wins tonight or wait until in the morning? :smirk: