• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,315 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Mr.Fantastic said:

So, that was it for tonight's wins. How do you veterans think an EC rookie did his first time out??

An excellent start.  Shock Suspenstories #9 has one of the most impressive lineup of stories they ever did.  Weird Fantasy #17 has a spectacular cover and two absolute classic stories with "The Aliens" and "There Will Come Soft Rains", which is my all-time favorite EC story.  It was one of only 3 issues I kept when I sold most of my EC's about 15 years ago to pay rent.  I don't remember much about the Vault #27; it's one of the three EC's I sold and haven't replaced yet.  I still love the cover, though.  And the cover on the Tales #40 is great.

2 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

I’d be proud to own any of them!

Of course, in my collection, a 7.0 EC would stick out like a decomposing thumb!

In an EC collection a decomposing thumb is common ..........so yer saying?.......:baiting:

Edited by Mr.Fantastic

10 hours ago, fifties said:

I think you did very well.  Now you just have to figure out how to make the car payment this month, LOL!

So are you gonna leave them slabbed, or jailbreak them to read?

Read?  Who said I was able to read?

So Im considering 2 MAD issues (Im not a MAD fan but they seem cheap) they are 2 and 5. If you had to pick one or the other, which one should I get? Issue 2 is in better condition but I leaning towards issue 5 but its pretty bad.

Any input?

1 minute ago, Raze said:

So Im considering 2 MAD issues (Im not a MAD fan but they seem cheap) they are 2 and 5. If you had to pick one or the other, which one should I get? Issue 2 is in better condition but I leaning towards issue 5 but its pretty bad.

Any input?

5, no question.  It's easily the rarest comic book issue of MAD, you'll have a lot more chances to find #2.  5 is also the better issue in terms of contents, in my opinion.

57 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

5, no question.  It's easily the rarest comic book issue of MAD, you'll have a lot more chances to find #2.  5 is also the better issue in terms of contents, in my opinion.

I would agree as well. #5 is one of the toughest MADs. Great cover and contents. Although, the cover of #2 is a stone cold classic. One of Davis’s best works right up there with TFT #30. Take your time and get ‘em both. I have upgraded them both several times. 

On 4/14/2021 at 6:09 PM, Mr.Fantastic said:

I missed out on one I wanted badly last night, but I had my breaking point and at twice FMV I had to stop.

On the brighter side.......I will definitely post some later tonight if I win.  It will be my first ever EC purchase. :banana:

Which book was it? I had to back off on the WSF Ann 1...and I really wanted it! :(