• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,321 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Raze said:

Two -fisted Tales 28 is new (I like this cover, the bodies flying is pretty brutal) and TFT 41 is an upgrade.

Frontline Combat 13 Completes my run :whee:group shot later!

Scan 2021-4-16 14.17.28.jpg

Scan 2021-4-16 14.20.56.jpg

Scan 2021-4-16 14.16.19.jpg

Two Fisted 28 is one of my favorites, and under appreciated in my opinion. It’s a very striking image.

2 hours ago, Raze said:

Two -fisted Tales 28 is new (I like this cover, the bodies flying is pretty brutal) and TFT 41 is an upgrade.

Frontline Combat 13 Completes my run :whee:group shot later!

Scan 2021-4-16 14.17.28.jpg

Scan 2021-4-16 14.20.56.jpg

Scan 2021-4-16 14.16.19.jpg

Way to go Raze, nothing like completing a nice run of ECs, except to go after another one...:devil:

That Two Fisted is also a favorite of mine. Sure gets your attention. Maybe the red background at the top. The book reminds me of probably happened just before this TFT issue...

combattlecry5.jpg

1 hour ago, OtherEric said:

Congrats on completing the run!  I really think Frontline Combat is the most consistently excellent of all the EC titles... there's not a bad story in the entire run in my opinion.

I would agree and yet so affordable and available still. 

2 minutes ago, Raze said:

Just read TFT 28 it was good. I liked the Saipan story the most.

Also got this today...MAD 18 and its beat! I still dont know why I keep buying them since I have said in the past that the humor is lost one me, but its an EC!

Scan 2021-4-16 22.15.35.jpg

"But it's an EC".  There's your reason right there. :kidaround:

It always amazes me how many low grade copies of that issue actually have the dot-the-dots penciled in; the joke is pretty obvious already.

10 minutes ago, Grottu said:

Wow. If I had to bet, I'd say what you have here is a review copy used by one of the "citizens for decency" committees that censored comic books in the 50s. These groups popped up all over the country after Wertham's book and Senate testimony, and were often dominated by Catholic clergy (I've done research in this area, and just taking a quick look at some records I see that a "Rev. G.F. Hickey" was an older  priest in Ohio involved in youth issues, so could be a connection). Then there's this from the Comics Code of 1954, "General Standards, Part B: (5) Scenes dealing with, or instruments associated with walking dead, torture, vampires and vampirism, ghouls, cannibalism, and werewolfism are prohibited."

Interesting. Thanks - I appreciate it. It was pretty cool opening it up and seeing it. I love stuff like this and date stamps - gives the book a story in my opinion. 

53 minutes ago, Grottu said:

Wow. If I had to bet, I'd say what you have here is a review copy used by one of the "citizens for decency" committees that censored comic books in the 50s. These groups popped up all over the country after Wertham's book and Senate testimony, and were often dominated by Catholic clergy (I've done research in this area, and just taking a quick look at some records I see that a "Rev. G.F. Hickey" was an older  priest in Ohio involved in youth issues, so could be a connection). Then there's this from the Comics Code of 1954, "General Standards, Part B: (5) Scenes dealing with, or instruments associated with walking dead, torture, vampires and vampirism, ghouls, cannibalism, and werewolfism are prohibited."

:whatthe:

@SOTIcollector

21 hours ago, Robot Man said:

The mailman dropped by today to say hello and brought me this. 

Cool issue and seems a little scarce to me. I have owned 1,000’s of ECs over the years and think I’ve only had one other copy. 

Happy to cross it off the list. Down to one lowly issue to finish off this run again. 

30C79CD0-0127-4DD5-898A-F90209153788.jpeg

Nice book! Ive always wanted one but missed a few copies via auction or expensive at a con.

Also wanted to share these. I know they’re not EC but Jack Davis is close enough!

So this is what I have found out. There are five volumes. There is the joke book. And there are three books written by Vincent Courtney. The books written by Vincent Courtney are original stories, I am only missing three more to have all of these books.

3B5ADD6C-BA60-435E-AE6F-DDB461A30337.jpeg