• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,321 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Raze said:

I was excited that I won these on ebay last week and didn't think Id have a chance. I didn't have very many of the early crime books but I doubled it last week!

I know what you're asking "but are they low grade?"....Of course theyre low grade!

The seller was pretty awesome in the fact that I paid for $0 shipping and it was shipped securely and priority with sig confirmation.

They Claim to have 100+ years of grading experience, but I didn't agree with the assigned grades (but bid what I thought was fair) or on some of their other listings. One book they graded at a GD+ but the book had a sizeable chunk out of the front cover and another book (a Moon Girl 5 ) is graded at a GD- but the book is incomplete missing a wrap that affects story. 

In the description of the books I bid on they were very detailed, that Ill give them.

I would recommend buying from the seller but be aware of the grading.

Scan 2021-4-23 17.36.40.jpg

Scan 2021-4-23 17.42.04.jpg

Scan 2021-4-23 17.46.31.jpg

Three good ones that don’t turn up often. I was looking at those auctions too and noticed the same thing. Their grades were off quite a bit according to the pictures. They probably never opened them or did a page count. I passed and probably would not buy from them in the future. 

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Three good ones that don’t turn up often. I was looking at those auctions too and noticed the same thing. Their grades were off quite a bit according to the pictures. They probably never opened them or did a page count. I passed and probably would not buy from them in the future. 

Their descriptions are pretty spot on with good detail but yes the grades were off. They claim to have 100 years experience in grading but it doesn't show. I knew what I was getting into and bid accordingly, plus I had a little extra to spend and those were cool.

If I buy from them again I would subtract one point off their grade. 

9 hours ago, Raze said:

I was excited that I won these on ebay last week and didn't think Id have a chance. I didn't have very many of the early crime books but I doubled it last week!

I know what you're asking "but are they low grade?"....Of course theyre low grade!

The seller was pretty awesome in the fact that I paid for $0 shipping and it was shipped securely and priority with sig confirmation.

They Claim to have 100+ years of grading experience, but I didn't agree with the assigned grades (but bid what I thought was fair) or on some of their other listings. One book they graded at a GD+ but the book had a sizeable chunk out of the front cover and another book (a Moon Girl 5 ) is graded at a GD- but the book is incomplete missing a wrap that affects story. 

In the description of the books I bid on they were very detailed, that Ill give them.

I would recommend buying from the seller but be aware of the grading.

Scan 2021-4-23 17.36.40.jpg

Scan 2021-4-23 17.42.04.jpg

Scan 2021-4-23 17.46.31.jpg

Love these. Great Craig covers. Personally, I think “low grade” just adds to the noir factor with these old crime books and feels oddly appropriate.🕵🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, Raze said:

An upgrade! Plus it has a story from the TFTC show on HBO, which stood out that I remember.

Scan 2021-4-27 22.53.20.jpg

One thing that strikes me over and over now that I never realized when I was younger is just how much of Bernie Wrightson's style came from Ingels.

Gratz on a great upgrade! And, of course, no need to ask what you're doing with the undercopy...

Weird Science is number 5, from 1951.  The undercopy was printed in Canada, and the ink registration on the interior pages is rather dull.

The U/C of TFTC 29 sports crayon highlighting the coffin nailer.