• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,322 posts in this topic

Sorry to bring everybody down to the other end of the condition spectrum :sorry:

This is my 2nd EC. The cover is not great but the insides are pretty good, so it's a good reader. Very good buy for me, dirt cheap. :)

p_zps3v10d4q1.jpg

1953%20VOH%20033-26.50b_zpsmtth5m1t.jpg

000_0010_zpshjk8hy61.jpg

000_0007_zpsbdqfoy8f.jpg

000_0008_zpsjomzycqz.jpg

000_0009_zpsrjndm5q4.jpg

Sorry to bring everybody down to the other end of the condition spectrum :sorry:

This is my 2nd EC. The cover is not great but the insides are pretty good, so it's a good reader. Very good buy for me, dirt cheap. :)

You did fine, Grantley; the interior seems to be in VG condition, and that's what counts for a reader copy.

Don't ever hesitate to show lower grade books. Hell, I do it all the time, eh eh!

How about a bump with a book I got back from CGC recently:

VOH%2030%2096%20Gaines%20front_zps6hzyir8l.jpg

Love it!

Wow indeed <3

Very nice! :applause:

One of the best covers. Should be right up there with CSS 22 in my opinion.

p_zps3v10d4q1.jpg

1953%20VOH%20033-26.50b_zpsmtth5m1t.jpg

000_0010_zpshjk8hy61.jpg

000_0007_zpsbdqfoy8f.jpg

000_0008_zpsjomzycqz.jpg

000_0009_zpsrjndm5q4.jpg

That's a really good issue, you did fine.

Beautiful copy!

But can someone explain exactly what is supposed to be happening on this cover?

Did the people get on the subway with the arm hanging there? If so, why do they all look so surprised now?

Did the person who was holding the handle suddenly disappear and leave just their arm?

Did their arm break and they fell to the ground? If so, why is everyone looking at the arm and not at the person on the ground?

Did the arm suddenly materialize out of thin air?

(shrug)

Beautiful copy!

Did the people get on the subway with the arm hanging there? If so, why do they all look so surprised now?

Did the person who was holding the handle suddenly disappear and leave just their arm?

Did their arm break and they fell to the ground? If so, why is everyone looking at the arm and not at the person on the ground?

(shrug)

Great copy of a great book. I bought Vault of Horror 29 and 30 from Bobby Bell in the early seventies for the princely sum of $10 each - marked down (on the bag) from $15. Beautiful copies too (still got 'em).

To answer the "what is going on" question, as I recall it was a few medical students who decided to play a few practical jokes with parts of the cadavers they were using in their anatomy classes.

Naturally, there was a "get square" E.C. style ending.

I like the little gag on the subway advertising - "Stomach Upset?" lol

You did fine, Grantley; the interior seems to be in VG condition, and that's what counts for a reader copy.

Don't ever hesitate to show lower grade books. Hell, I do it all the time, eh eh!

Thank you :foryou:

Beautiful copy!

(shrug)

I go for this option. I've always imagined the train interior lights went out for a few seconds, and when they came on, the arm was hanging there. Just never imagined any other scenario.

Beautiful copy!

(shrug)

I go for this option. I've always imagined the train interior lights went out for a few seconds, and when they came on, the arm was hanging there. Just never imagined any other scenario.

Never read the story yet... :sorry:

But as I recall from hearing, it was a doctor or coroner that liked to play gags on the public with parts from corpses...

Can anyone confirm?

Hmmm, I never even considered that it was from a story doh!

I always think the cover art is not related to a story, unless I've read the book itself. A lot of cover art is unrelated to the interior, such as FAC # 20.

Beautiful copy!

(shrug)

Great copy of a great book. I bought Vault of Horror 29 and 30 from Bobby Bell in the early seventies for the princely sum of $10 each - marked down (on the bag) from $15. Beautiful copies too (still got 'em).

To answer the "what is going on" question, as I recall it was a few medical students who decided to play a few practical jokes with parts of the cadavers they were using in their anatomy classes.

Naturally, there was a "get square" E.C. style ending.

I like the little gag on the subway advertising - "Stomach Upset?" lol

Oh yeah, Duffman knows his mess!