• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,315 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, 29dukedog said:
2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Something tells me this one isn't going to get the pulses of you E.C. addicts racing, but I like it -- so there!

On at least a couple occasions I nearly picked up this book (and yet may, when I find the right copy).  It has a Walt Kelly kind of charm and whimsy about it.

I think so, too.  I'm not really familiar with Olive Bailey, the credited artist.

The mailman brought this new addition today. I'm extremely happy to have a Craig cover, especially since I had a brief shot at the line art for this one in 2011 but the timing was bad. Craig only did a handful of painted cover recreations, and this is his best, IMHO.

image.jpeg

On 6/3/2017 at 1:20 AM, IngelsFan said:

The mailman brought this new addition today. I'm extremely happy to have a Craig cover, especially since I had a brief shot at the line art for this one in 2011 but the timing was bad. Craig only did a handful of painted cover recreations, and this is his best, IMHO.

image.jpeg

I love that piece!  One of my favorite Craig covers.  Nice pickup!! (thumbsu

15 minutes ago, exitmusicblue said:

Picked up a Good condition Shock Suspenstories #8 yesterday at our cozy li'l Berkeley ComicCon for way under ebay, stoked !!  Won a door fee raffle for my first Frank Miller slab (Ronin #6 CGC 9.4) to boot hehe

Few things can produce as much genuine happiness as a lucky day at a comic con!  (thumbsu 

On 6/4/2017 at 2:41 PM, exitmusicblue said:

Picked up a Good condition Shock Suspenstories #8 yesterday at our cozy li'l Berkeley ComicCon for way under ebay, stoked !!  Won a door fee raffle for my first Frank Miller slab (Ronin #6 CGC 9.4) to boot hehe

Nice pick up.  Nothing like owning the originals.   And Shock always have good stories.  

1 hour ago, Foxtrot70 said:

Here is one of my favorite horror issues Which I have wanted for 20+ years just never found right copy when I was looking   

IMG_0458.JPG

That's going to be a great read...

2 hours ago, Foxtrot70 said:

Here is one of my favorite horror issues Which I have wanted for 20+ years just never found right copy when I was looking   

IMG_0458.JPG

There's just something so cool about how that guy is holding his cigarette! :cool:

A couple more Woodys hit the junk pile today. This is a great title and a little overlooked I think. It's been a while since I had copies. Hard to choose which one I like best. Wood and Feldstein are probably my favorite overall EC cover artists. Which is your favorite and why?

comshocksuspense5_zps1qsmm0he.jpg

comshocksuspense4_zpsw6itkdbq.jpg