• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,315 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, BOOT said:
11 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Cool! Watch for a "blinking envelope" from Ed...

Just a pic - not mine. I think he has the ones shown.

:ohnoez:

Dang...Robot nailed it...I was in the process of sending you a PM when you wrote this last bit about them not being yours :D

Across the Seas in a War Torn World...I do not have. (worship) :cry: Well, at least now I know that at least two copies exist lol

For the record, I don't have these either, and continue to desperately search for them :wishluck:  :baiting: :grin: :

Church that was Built with Bread
KO Punch
Out of the Past a Clue to the Future

Reddy Kilowatt 1B (Reddy Made Magic, 1956)
Reddy Kilowatt 2B (Light's Diamond Jubilee, 1954)
Reddy Kilowatt 3B (Space Kite, S. Calif. edition, 1956)
Wonders of Wire Rope

51 minutes ago, BOOT said:

Got this photo of a package of giveaway comics from EC/Mad a while ago. EC Fanatics might recognize a couple titles. The grayed out titles are not listed anywhere and I am still searching for copies...

1ECGiveawayGroupRedacted.thumb.jpg.2ba7c4c1cd9efc9aac6279abbc95afbe.jpg

Also, I don't recognize the last one on the right, or the 5th one from the right...are those ECs? Don't tell me my list just expanded...

2 hours ago, edowens71 said:

Today's mail call is an upgrade of an EC that's not real easy to upgrade. Plucked it right off of http://www.bedrockcity.com/store/

@MrBedrock :headbang:

saddlejustice6_f.jpg

That is so cool, nice score! I have been getting more interested in Westerns. There is a ton of great stuff in that genre that gets overlooked. 

Time for another story of ECs found in the wild...

Awhile back I shared a story of how I met a guy named Al Rosso in my city and bought a bunch of ECs from him in 1975.  He also had an original Fan-addict club kit, which I also bought.  He had 3 bulletins with the kit and this pg. of #4 listed fans with back issues.  Well, it was only 20 years since the bulletin came out, so I tried to find some of those people (I'm kinda crazy that way).  After a lot of dead ends, I managed to get a hold of the guy from UT (where i happened to be living at the time) and called him up.  I said something funny like, "I saw your name in the bulletin...you got back issues?"  After a pause, and some confusion on his part, I told him what I meant.  I asked if he still had his EC comics, and he said yes, in the closet. :whatthe:  I asked if he wanted to sell any, and he said yes. :banana:  So, I went to his house and bought the 4 best issues he had (all of the others were pretty ragged :frown:) for a total of $15. :o  Another happy ending to a comic book hunt...See pics below...

35828429063_b3ed912327_b.jpg

16607165731_c340f5023e_c.jpg

16401022407_53f2f7a0cb_c.jpg

16366990217_0eda15a6ed_c.jpg

16421119068_4d0788dc73_c.jpg

4 hours ago, tricolorbrian said:

Time for another story of ECs found in the wild...

Awhile back I shared a story of how I met a guy named Al Rosso in my city and bought a bunch of ECs from him in 1975.  He also had an original Fan-addict club kit, which I also bought.  He had 3 bulletins with the kit and this pg. of #4 listed fans with back issues.  Well, it was only 20 years since the bulletin came out, so I tried to find some of those people (I'm kinda crazy that way).  After a lot of dead ends, I managed to get a hold of the guy from UT (where i happened to be living at the time) and called him up.  I said something funny like, "I saw your name in the bulletin...you got back issues?"  After a pause, and some confusion on his part, I told him what I meant.  I asked if he still had his EC comics, and he said yes, in the closet. :whatthe:  I asked if he wanted to sell any, and he said yes. :banana:  So, I went to his house and bought the 4 best issues he had (all of the others were pretty ragged :frown:) for a total of $15. :o  Another happy ending to a comic book hunt...See pics below...

35828429063_b3ed912327_b.jpg

16607165731_c340f5023e_c.jpg

16401022407_53f2f7a0cb_c.jpg

16366990217_0eda15a6ed_c.jpg

16421119068_4d0788dc73_c.jpg

I feel like a real EC fanaddict woulda been monitoring all the relevant obituaries for these people over the years too.  Tell me a story about how you tracked down a relative who inherited some of these back issues and I'll be really impressed.

6 minutes ago, szavisca said:

I feel like a real EC fanaddict woulda been monitoring all the relevant obituaries for these people over the years too.  Tell me a story about how you tracked down a relative who inherited some of these back issues and I'll be really impressed.

I don't need to impress anyone.  Everyone already knows how impressive I am...:baiting:

9 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

This walked up to my booth at a show on Saturday. Kind of a scarce issue I believe.

Holy cow, Robot...I'd say scarce, indeed. :applause:

I've only ever had one chance to buy a copy of that issue...thankfully, I bought it when I had that chance. :smile:

Congrats!