• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,315 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, BitterOldMan said:

I believe that Jeff Cain, who was the purchaser of the EC Comics from Gary Arlington, is the publisher of ToMB Tales and Grave Yarns, a homage to EC Comics.  Many of the original EC artists did covers for ToMB Tales.

https://www.tombtales.com/

Just checked that website! I think i might order one! Do you have a favorite?

9 hours ago, BitterOldMan said:

I believe that Jeff Cain, who was the purchaser of the EC Comics from Gary Arlington, is the publisher of ToMB Tales and Grave Yarns, a homage to EC Comics.  Many of the original EC artists did covers for ToMB Tales.

https://www.tombtales.com/

1 hour ago, Raze said:

Just checked that website! I think i might order one! Do you have a favorite?

I have not read the ToMb Tales comic books in over twenty years and my memory is not great.  I have to figure out where these comics are stored at my other house.  I bought these from Gary Arlington's shop in the late nineties. 

I love the Tomb Tales #5 cover by Al Williamson.  I am partial to sci fi.  The first cover drawn by Al Williamson was rejected.  Here is the story about the cover.

https://www.tombtales.com/al-williamson

Here is the published cover.

713719949_4dc8f6_e7aeb844ad994894b4c260d7d8ac1fb9mv2_d_1959_3015_s_2.jpg.ce996ca8de071965207808357eca01ec.jpg

Here is the rejected cover used for Overstreet Price Guide #30.

1982276763_4dc8f6_5c01c2006af64643af31f44e57f1769cmv2.jpg.eb88141305962a8f11b459e01b13b382.jpg

Its been awhile my follow E.C. freaks! And Im back with another Shockenly decrepit book! 

Shock Suspenstories 10 -1.8 with the cover barely hanging on, like the guy should have been doing while on the balcony...:gossip:! But come to think of it Id kill for that Jack Kamen Hottie too!

Speaking of Jack Kamen can he draw Women (and Men if you like that) or what?! I mean who does it better...Matt Baker :sick: ?! I say NO! Matt Baker never did any work for our beloved E.C.(Unfortunately) so he loses!

And we get a great heart breaking drug story from the best E.C. artist Wally Wood...this is MY post so Wallys the greatest :sumo:

Then we get a Sci-Fi story from Wally Wood Jr. (AKA Joe Orlando).

And then we finish off with a "Ghoul" of a story, one of "mistaken identity!!

Scan 2018-7-10 23.02.04.jpg

12 minutes ago, Raze said:

Its been awhile my follow E.C. freaks! And Im back with another Shockenly decrepit book! 

Shock Suspenstories 10 -1.8 with the cover barely hanging on, like the guy should have been doing while on the balcony...:gossip:! But come to think of it Id kill for that Jack Kamen Hottie too!

Speaking of Jack Kamen can he draw Women (and Men if you like that) or what?! I mean who does it better...Matt Baker :sick: ?! I say NO! Matt Baker never did any work for our beloved E.C.(Unfortunately) so he loses!

And we get a great heart breaking drug story from the best E.C. artist Wally Wood...this is MY post so Wallys the greatest :sumo:

Then we get a Sci-Fi story from Wally Wood Jr. (AKA Joe Orlando).

And then we finish off with a "Ghoul" of a story, one of "mistaken identity!!

Scan 2018-7-10 23.02.04.jpg

Nice pick-up, I'm all about the reader copies when it comes to EC!

^ Glad to hear that.  I picked up about 10 EC science fiction books earlier this year.  Here are 3 of 'em.  The Weird Science 19 is kinda tough to get, and has always reminded me of the scene in 1954's "Riders To The Stars" where you see an astronaut's skull in his helmet after being blown out into space.

Weird Fantasy 14.jpg

Weird Fantasy 17.jpg

Weird Science 19.jpg

5 hours ago, fifties said:

^ Glad to hear that.  I picked up about 10 EC science fiction books earlier this year.  Here are 3 of 'em.  The Weird Science 19 is kinda tough to get, and has always reminded me of the scene in 1954's "Riders To The Stars" where you see an astronaut's skull in his helmet after being blown out into space.

Weird Fantasy 14.jpg

Weird Fantasy 17.jpg

Weird Science 19.jpg

Love the 19! Good to see you back fifties!