• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,315 posts in this topic

Hello again you EC addicts! Since this is not a Horror book i won't be attempting my usual attempt at horror humor, but I thought id give a review while i read through. I started reading this book without any prior knowledge of anything inside, i like going into movies, books, comics etc etc blind. it makes for a more fun experience. 

so with that said here is Weird Fantasy 14!

The Exile WOW!!! I saw the ending coming all the way.......... until the twist I didn't see!!! and of course its Wally Wood art! definitely 1 of my all time favorite EC stories!

The expert, now this little tale was FUN-NY!! I loved it and want more! Joe Orlandos art was very MAD like.

The Ad, first thing that caught my eye was the pic of the vault keeper which made me smile and then the hijinks start and this one didn't fail!

Close Call,Jack Kamen is BY far one of the best artist when it comes to women and men! Only Matt Baker rivals him in my opinion. Also another great story!!! watch for what you wish for ladies!!!

Mad Journey, OK I think this story just sealed the deal for making it in my top 5 EC books...what a great story about "insanity"!!

Until next time...

Scan 2018-10-28 22.09.25.jpg

Scan 2018-10-28 22.10.20.jpg

13 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

hm I may have to reacquaint myself with that one...

its a AWESOME read! you should read it again if you own a copy...although i understand if you don't want to walk all the way down to your "vault" to get it...it is a scary time of the year heehee...

Putting out some feelers for a low grade Crime Patrol 16.  Preferably beat but complete.  Open to restored/married copies as well. Shoot me a message if you've got a spare or an under-copy floating around. Thanks! 

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Mailman brought me a real pretty one today. The colors on this are very intense. I can’t recommend the war ECs enough. Outstanding stories and art. Still way to cheap in my opinion!

1A03605A-16CE-4839-98AA-1CF623A9875B.jpeg

Superb issue!

I feel like I should upgrade lots of my war. Especially my 2 Fisted 25. 

On 10/30/2018 at 5:03 PM, D Stuart said:

Putting out some feelers for a low grade Crime Patrol 16.  Preferably beat but complete.  Open to restored/married copies as well. Shoot me a message if you've got a spare or an under-copy floating around. Thanks! 

You might have better luck if tou post this in the WTB forum (thumbsu

15 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

Superb issue!

I feel like I should upgrade lots of my war. Especially my 2 Fisted 25. 

While I was never (still not to an extent) into the EC war issues, I do love TFT #34, due to first discovering it as an East Coast Comix reprint, back around 1985 or so. I then made it a point to get an original copy a few years later. While not super into the war ECs generally, I don't mind getting them for particularly noteworthy stories or covers -- for me, the Horror, Sci-Fi, Crime and SHOCK are my mainstay EC loves. Plus a little Valor and Piracy. :)

18 minutes ago, originalisbest said:

While I was never (still not to an extent) into the EC war issues, I do love TFT #34, due to first discovering it as an East Coast Comix reprint, back around 1985 or so. I then made it a point to get an original copy a few years later. While not super into the war ECs generally, I don't mind getting them for particularly noteworthy stories or covers -- for me, the Horror, Sci-Fi, Crime and SHOCK are my mainstay EC loves. Plus a little Valor and Piracy. :)

Whereas I’m all about the war books. 

If you’re interested in great stories, Two Fisted Tales 25 has both a classic cover and  Kurtzman’s “Corpse On The Imjin”. Definitely worth a read!

Edited by KirbyJack