• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,323 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Hap Hazard said:

Nice score, I found issue 5 the toughest issue to find.

international comis.JPG

Wow, what a spread Hap. Thanks for posting these. I forgot how cool #1 was too. I actually bought a #5 on the bay a year or so ago but it was missing the centerfold and I had to return it. I still need the #1 and #4... a couple months ago I was lucky to find a #6 at a toy show of all places.

11 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Been on an EC binge again. At one time, I had a true complete EC collection. When the reprints came out I sold off most of them to buy stuff that hadn't been reprinted. I right away, regretted it. So, I'm about a third way into my second collection. When these two turned up on the boards, I immediately jumped all over them. I would have bought #5 anyway just for the cover alone. But to knock off two issues of this very rare run was a no brainer. Pretty good reads too. So happy to get them back!

cominternational2.jpg

cominternational5.jpg

wow - I've had all of the issues except #2 ---- and I've never even seen the cover before (I don't recall it being in Gerber) --- love it!    and I didn't see it listed on the boards 

love the boards --- and love this thread!  thanks for posting.

Edited by torontodesignguy
bad grammar

10 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Very pretty raw copy of one of my favorite Weird Fantasy covers. :foryou:

IMG_8603.JPG

Mine too Rick. Anything by Feldstein always rocks but that is a stand out.

Now, please don't post that cool VOH #18 you got from Pablo last night. One of my favorite Vault covers by Johnny Craig. I'll fill that hole one of these days.

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

Mine too Rick. Anything by Feldstein always rocks but that is a stand out.

Now, please don't post that cool VOH #18 you got from Pablo last night. One of my favorite Vault covers by Johnny Craig. I'll fill that hole one of these days.

I have sold very few ECs. For pure pleasure and awesomeness they are really about as good as it gets, right?

6 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I have sold very few ECs. For pure pleasure and awesomeness they are really about as good as it gets, right?

At one time I had a complete collection of ECs (all of them). When the Cochran books came out I sold them off for stuff that was not reprinted. I soon discovered that there is nothing like the originals so I put together a set of just the main mainstream titles. Due to a family emergency, I had to sell that collection. I am currently working on a third collection that I have no intention of selling. This will confirm that in my opinion, that they are the best comics ever produced, book for book. 

12 hours ago, Black_Adam said:

HOF20_.thumb.jpg.8d5040d743469a2893a13981b3b0cd00.jpg

Don't think Bill Gaines ever owned this one, but I'm thrilled to add it to my ECs. Only need HOF 22 & 24 to complete my Ingels HOF run! :acclaim:

A great one for sure! The ax on the bannister is also a nice touch... Why not do the whole run? There are a couple killers by Feldstein in that run as well...

Well, given the rejected offers, it's either somebody who's in an awful hurry to complete the run or else an elaborate dodge to inflate GPA in advance of selling another copy.  A little surprising that there haven't been any sales of a universal copy in more than three years.

I paid way less about two years ago to buy this copy raw. 

9ba4d0f0-dd77-4fc1-a572-ec390affac0d_zpsoctt1qn8.JPG

Yep. I paid WAY less about a month ago here on the boards for the 8.0 copy below.

When I bought this 8.0 upgrade last month, I sold my 3.5 undercopy (back to the person I originally bought it from) for WAY, WAY less lol

On a really good day out on the open market, I would have thought that a 3.5 copy would be a $700'ish book...then one blows up for $4,200. Shows how much I know :D

moongirl5a_f.jpg

Edited by EC ed

2 hours ago, EC ed said:

We'll see if it sticks, but as of this morning it's showing up on GPA. Look how insane it looks down there:

MoonGirl5GPA.JPG

Does seem crazy, but we've seen crazy stuff happen on some books.  Note that none of those dates (except for the PLOD) are within the past three years.  I don't follow this book closely enough to know, but is it possibly the first time recently that a copy has been offered for sale (apart from on the boards)?  I couldn't find any for sale after checking some of the usual sites.