• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,321 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

Used to have 7 of your pile, now down to one. 

ECs get reassembled when I win the lottery!

They aren't that expensive if you aren't after real high grade. If you're in no hurry like me, it's fun to get them here and there.

I meant to post these Sunday for Easter, but I forgot.  My only Pre-Trend EC's; and they're both firsts so the Old Testament is probably technically a DC.  But if ever there was a book where the already occasionally fuzzy line is completely blurred it's probably that one.

I wouldn't argue the OT is one of the first graphic novels as such, but it's certainly the first TPB I'm aware of.

Picture_Stories_OT.jpg

Picture_Stories_NT.jpg

15 hours ago, OtherEric said:

I meant to post these Sunday for Easter, but I forgot.  My only Pre-Trend EC's; and they're both firsts so the Old Testament is probably technically a DC.  But if ever there was a book where the already occasionally fuzzy line is completely blurred it's probably that one.

I wouldn't argue the OT is one of the first graphic novels as such, but it's certainly the first TPB I'm aware of.

Picture_Stories_OT.jpg

Picture_Stories_NT.jpg

@EC ed may be the only living person who understands the many editions/versions of these books. 

On 4/3/2018 at 5:30 PM, Sqeggs said:

@EC ed may be the only living person who understands the many editions/versions of these books. 

Yes...and if I meet an untimely end, I assign the burden of preserving this knowledge to you - you know where to find the information that you will need (hint: my journal)

:D

21 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Got a cool Haunt of Fear in the mail today. Imagine my surprise to find this old fountain pen signature at the bottom of the last story...

Hard to imagine in this day and age that people don’t even open up a nice book like this to grade and sell it. (shrug)

Well, his loss is my gain. Can’t say I have ever seen or heard of this gentleman’s signature on an EC

0D428B30-FABB-468C-8EE8-C367D6276901.jpeg

Nice score Robot Man, definitely looks vintage.

On 05/04/2018 at 4:17 AM, sacentaur said:

Rec'd my CGC 8.5 copy of VoH 33 from a boardie, and am very happy with the book. 

The cover is different for an EC, but I find myself being intrigued by it - what do you all think of this cover (image from GCD)?

VoH33.jpg

I've always liked this cover Steve. It's quite haunting IMO.

On 4/4/2018 at 10:17 PM, sacentaur said:

Rec'd my CGC 8.5 copy of VoH 33 from a boardie, and am very happy with the book. 

The cover is different for an EC, but I find myself being intrigued by it - what do you all think of this cover (image from GCD)?

VoH33.jpg

What always intrigued me about this cover was not even what the kids were up to but the strange layout of the properties! I tried to picture where neighbors would have a gap like that between yards. I mean is that a road? An alleyway? My earliest memories are from late 60's and I can't ever remember seeing anything like this. Was this common in the 50's or in other parts of the country? Perhaps it has something to do with the story as I haven't read that issue. hm

On 4/4/2018 at 10:17 PM, sacentaur said:

VoH33.jpg

I've never been sure whether the kids are playing or whether there's a dead kid in the coffin.  The added touch of the adults heckling them adds to the weirdness.

7 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

That's an alley. I've got one right behind my house. Fairly common in small towns or old suburbs.

Either that or maybe a swale that the city precluded the homeowners from building on because of flooding issues.  We have something like that separating our property from the property behind us.  Technically, half of it is owned by my neighbor and half by us, but neither of us can build on it.