• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,315 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, originalisbest said:

Great book! The slight miscut/tilt you note happens to all the GA publishers, EC included; some issues show it more than others. For example, CSS #20 almost always has a trapezoidal cut, from slight to very noticeable. However, maybe the GFC of CSS #20 don't have it? Never seen one of those. :)

Trapezoidal! That's the word I was looking for! Thanks for the info, now I have to run and check all my other ECs! :ohnoez:

On 1/8/2019 at 1:05 AM, Black_Adam said:

Trapezoidal! That's the word I was looking for! Thanks for the info, now I have to run and check all my other ECs! :ohnoez:

Yep! Here and there mine have them, if slightly. I've noticed it on other publishers too. If we're not talking about moderns, most GA books are "more or less" square corners, hardly ever perfect right angles. :)

Have any other EC collectors noticed a spike in interest and price? Last night, I bid triple guide on a lower mid grade horror issue and was blown out of the water. I sold almost all my horror and crime titles even in super low grade at the Yorba Linda show. 

They have always been decent sellers in all grades at full to slightly above guide. But everything I seem to want seems to pass me by like I am standing still...

15 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Have any other EC collectors noticed a spike in interest and price? Last night, I bid triple guide on a lower mid grade horror issue and was blown out of the water. I sold almost all my horror and crime titles even in super low grade at the Yorba Linda show. 

They have always been decent sellers in all grades at full to slightly above guide. But everything I seem to want seems to pass me by like I am standing still...

Certain books have definitely spiked in the last year or so (mostly cover-related). Early TFTC in anything above 7.0 is tough even at 1.5/2x OPG.

16 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I think that HOF 17 is an under appreciated key.

I’m pretty sure it’s The Three GhouLunatics’ first cover, but is it each individual character’s first, as well?

Edited by KirbyJack

20 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I've sorta noticed it; to me, it's "about time!" but then, I think about the issues I want and don't have yet! ;)