• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,321 posts in this topic

Read those MADs Raze! They are a lot of fun and well worth picking up. Prices have come down a lot on them and they are pretty available. You should be able to find a #21 pretty easy.

Here is the earliest depection of Alfred E Neuman I can come up with. It is a paperweight from turn of the century. There is a calendar that I've seen a couple of times with the same image. This is the only paperweight I know of.

alfredeneumanpaperweight1.jpg

46 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Read those MADs Raze! They are a lot of fun and well worth picking up. Prices have come down a lot on them and they are pretty available. You should be able to find a #21 pretty easy.

Here is the earliest depection of Alfred E Neuman I can come up with. It is a paperweight from turn of the century. There is a calendar that I've seen a couple of times with the same image. This is the only paperweight I know of.

Thats so ugly!lol As to reading the Mads Ill get around to it. Just really behind on my reading.

9 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Here is the earliest depection of Alfred E Neuman I can come up with. It is a paperweight from turn of the century. 

It looks like it’s more than 19 years old.

And the Frontline Combat arrived tonight, so as promised here's the whole run to celebrate.  Not high grade, but it's only the second New Trend book I've completed the set on... and let's be honest, some people would try to deny Panic really counts as a New Trend book.

Frontline_Combat_01.jpg

Frontline_Combat_02.jpg

Frontline_Combat_03.jpg

Frontline_Combat_04.jpg

Frontline_Combat_05.jpg

9 hours ago, OtherEric said:

The last few issues are the most beat up... but I think I paid $5 each for them.  At least a couple might get upgraded if I stumble across better copies, but I probably won't hunt too much.  Too many other EC's to get instead.

Frontline_Combat_11.jpg

Frontline_Combat_12.jpg

Frontline_Combat_13.jpg

Frontline_Combat_14.jpg

Frontline_Combat_15.jpg

Congrats Eric!  I can't say enough how great those are to read. And to be able to read the entire run at one time is :x

#13 is one of my favorite covers. So much so that I had to get two...

comfrontlinecombat13.jpg