• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF Annual 3 Grade

28 posts in this topic

What you see is what you get. The only flaws this books has can be seen on the scan. The flaws are on the upper left corner and along the bottom.

What grade do you think CGC would give this book. Oh, the pages are white.

ffann3.jpg

On the back there are two small black specs near the upper right corner.

ffann3b.jpg

brian,

it looks either a 8.5 - 9.0, im not being a hater, but my copy looks better and it rec'd a CGC VF+ 8.5. frown.gifmad.gif who knows what CGC would give it. confused.gif

p-daddy

P.S. is that "stuff" i see on the back cover? if it is, knock it down another whole point. blush.gif

I am going to sell it if CGC gives it a 9.0 or better. Based on what you guys are saying I think it's worth the gamble. It'll be submitted in the next few weeks, as part of a batch of books that I think will grade high. I'll let you know what it grades and you can have first crack at it if you're still interested at that point.

Thinking back over the grades I've seen from CGC, you may be right about that edge wear being a VF-level defect. Here's an example that always troubled me:

The only real defect I can see that would reduce this to an 8.5 is the wear on the corner in the URC; besides that it looks easily like a 9.4 to me. This is the only slab I own that has edge wear like this, so perhaps they downgrade for it more than I would assume. The wear on that FF Annual 3 is worse than my Spidey 30, so they may well give it a 7.5 to 8.0 as Donut suggests.Due to that possibility, I wouldn't send it in, OldGuy. You may not recoup the slab cost if it gets below an 8.5.

That "stuff" on the back is no longer there. One well placed "flick" of my fingernail and it's gone with no signs of having ever been there.

Does that count at "restoration?"