• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF Annual 3 Grade

28 posts in this topic

I think you could get as low as 7.0. Probably would be 7.5 to 8.0.

If you were looking to sell it, you would be taking a chance on this one.

With the new higher CGC fees, 20% discount, mailing back and forth with some other books, you are looking at about $26 - $27 to get it graded economy.

On eBay you could probably get about the following:

7.0 - $35

7.5 - $37

8.0 - $50

8.5 - $80

9.0 - $175

If you have a few 8.0 and/or 8.5 books on hand to directly compare against it you could try that.

Guess I should have said: while I think you will more than cover your grading fees, I'm not sure you would clear any more than selling it raw (unless you really think you would get a 9.0 or above). If I were to buy this raw and you graded it VF I think I would be a very satisfied buyer. smile.gif Personally I would probably take a chance and toss it in with some other stuff to get graded.

I think I'm going to submit it and see what happens. I have both an 8.0 and an 8.5 and this FF book looks better then either one of them. But neither one of them have the flaws like the bottom edge of the FF. And to tell you the truth I think that the 8.0 I have looks better then the 8.5. The 8.0 is an older red label so maybe that's why.

We'll see what happens. If it comes back lower then 9.0 I'll just keep it.

I'm still up in the air about edge wear such as is on this copy. To my eyes it looks significantly less severe than spine or corner creases, but if everybody's right about it being a VF-level defect, it's hard for me to put it in perspective. It's MUCH less noticable than a 1/2" color-breaking crease, which is a defect that CGC and Overstreet will allow in the VF grade when the rest of the book is as nice as this FF Annual 3.