• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Anti-Communist Comics!
8 8

638 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

You guys are way further down this rabbit hole than me (I gotta avoid some of them!) but I picked this up from an LCS once on a business trip. You guys purists in this niche or do the superheroes vs commies books count in your pursuits too? (I particularly love CMA 140 for the commie vampires, for example).

image.jpeg

This is great.  Post away!

11 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Even the superheroes???

Sure!  The thread was started back in 2004 by Shrunkenhead, who doesn't seem to be around much any more, but I don't think he'd object.

I know I'd like to see them.

18 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Time to bump this thread.  Many thanks to a very kindly boardie for locating this one for me. :foryou:

Never seen a copy before and can't find it on the GCD site. hm

2017-07-29-0001_zpslhzarxc4.jpg

Tough book, congrats!

If the Cold War's beginnings can be traced to the end of World War II and the Atomic Bomb then could this be consider a precursor to the Cold War comics?

dagwoodsplitstheatom.jpg

Joe Musial also created This Is America, an illustrated tutorial on all of the important things every commie fearing citizen needs to know about American life and government...

thisisamerica.jpg

The fear of atomic attack created a need for heightened awareness for Civil Defense...

mrcivildefense.jpg

While not a comic book, this Civil Defense giveaway  with a map of all the fallout shelters in the greater Ft. Worth area is really interesting. For one thing it completely repudiates the older "Duck and Cover" mantra, saying that to survive a nuclear attack you must get far, far away or deep underground.

escapefromhbomb.jpg

18 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

If the Cold War's beginnings can be traced to the end of World War II and the Atomic Bomb then could this be consider a precursor to the Cold War comics?

dagwoodsplitstheatom.jpg

If I was looking for a comic character to split the atom, I think Dagwood would be pretty far down the list.