• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone familiar with Atomic Avenue?

7 posts in this topic

I am trying to look through the issues offered by a single seller and I can get the first page fine. I can click another page and that is fine too (although dreadfully slow). But then I cannot go to another page.

The workaround that I have found is to reload the page (it defaults to page 1) and then choose a different page. But ... I cannot go past page 25.

The seller in question has tens of thousands of books listed - is that the problem?

NOTE: The only reason that I'm attempting to browse is that I'm being charged about $20 on a $30 book!!!! The seller offers free shipping over $50.

This is a bit silly to charge that much, isn't it?

Are you an international buyer? Because otherwise, shipping should be $6-7 on Atomic Avenue for one book at that price, and $4.24 if it's one comic priced under $20.

Once you are in the seller's "site" on Atomic, use the title bar and it will let you look at everything, one title at a time. But yes, there's a painfully short page list feature that doesn't even come close to showing enough books for a large seller.

Not familiar with Atomic Avenue, but what about...

:banana:

Just out of curiosity... I posted that the other day. Did I get that stuck in your brain?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7725090

lol if so, I apologize.

Are you an international buyer? Because otherwise, shipping should be $6-7 on Atomic Avenue for one book at that price, and $4.24 if it's one comic priced under $20.

Once you are in the seller's "site" on Atomic, use the title bar and it will let you look at everything, one title at a time. But yes, there's a painfully short page list feature that doesn't even come close to showing enough books for a large seller.

No - I'm a USA customer.

It's hard to imagine a more user unfriendly website. I've tried signing up for their forums and I'm still waiting for my verification email. I wonder if they manually send those out?

And frankly ... why should I have a separate login for the forums than from the site proper?

I really just wanted to buy a stinking book. With the exorbitant shipping, it's more expensive on their site than other sites. I'm ok with buying more to get free shipping but when finding additional books is too difficult, you lose a customer.

Ah well ...

I played around a bit and I managed to find what I needed. I still feel the shipping charges were excessive and that the search engine is a bit wonky but all is good now.

A big part of the problem can be attribute to new site user getting frustrated with the tools at hand.

Thanks all!

PS. The book was Legion Archives vol 2. Now I just need to find Vol 5 and I will have the complete run!