• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Guidelines, Helpful Hints and General Etiquette
3 3

84 posts in this topic

Apologies to everybody on this post, in my ignorance I blindly went hell for leather and rapidly posted too many posts. I was in such a rush I failed to even read the guidance notes at the beginning of the thread.

Thank you to Bob for attempting to reign me in before I overdid it. 

Apologies once again for my poor etiquette.

Best regards

Rye

Hi, fairly new here. Wondering if it was worth posting close up photos of the corners of a slabbed book, or if it's too difficult to tell?  I know little about grading and was somewhat surprised by a grade I received -- I don't wish to contest it, I wish to understand what I missed. Thx

17 minutes ago, Ak49 said:

Hi, fairly new here. Wondering if it was worth posting close up photos of the corners of a slabbed book, or if it's too difficult to tell?  I know little about grading and was somewhat surprised by a grade I received -- I don't wish to contest it, I wish to understand what I missed. Thx

There's no harm in adding as many photos as you feel necessary. Did you receive graders notes? 

1 hour ago, Foley said:

There's no harm in adding as many photos as you feel necessary. Did you receive graders notes? 

No notes.  It was already getting spendy so I started cost-cutting, but if they're usually worth it I'll do in the future.

Edited by Ak49

20 hours ago, Ak49 said:

No notes.  It was already getting spendy so I started cost-cutting, but if they're usually worth it I'll do in the future.

I believe notes are free with books you submit yourself. I'd have another look at your submission and see if the link is there maybe?

3 hours ago, Foley said:

I believe notes are free with books you submit yourself. I'd have another look at your submission and see if the link is there maybe?

Thank you for your response. The only notes I saw were general. They gave the exact same notes for every comic submitted, and since the grades all varied the notes gave no insight/value. It did say I could pay for, what I imagine, are actual detailed notes... I posted the pics, but someone said on another thread not to post encapsulated books, so I understand if I don't get feedback. I don't want to open the case tho. If I sell it I hope whoever gets it ends up with a better grade if they do examine it closer :)

Please Grade My.... Showcase #6

Got in a hurry and did not notice shadow on cover pic.  Snapped one in the bag.  Small losses on few edges and corners.  Staples are clean.  Interior colors look nice.  Page color...? idk, cream or tan...?  Smells like a 60 year old book that spent little time in the basement.  Thank you.

IMG_3891.JPG

IMG_3896.JPG

IMG_3892.JPG

IMG_3893.JPG

IMG_3895.JPG

IMG_3894.JPG

23 hours ago, Chief1332 said:

Please Grade My.... Showcase #6

Got in a hurry and did not notice shadow on cover pic.  Snapped one in the bag.  Small losses on few edges and corners.  Staples are clean.  Interior colors look nice.  Page color...? idk, cream or tan...?  Smells like a 60 year old book that spent little time in the basement.  Thank you.

IMG_3891.JPG

IMG_3896.JPG

IMG_3892.JPG

IMG_3893.JPG

IMG_3895.JPG

IMG_3894.JPG

Hi Chief, You're going to have to post this separately really. If you click onto PGM forum, you'll see alight blue box at top right hand to start a new topic.(thumbsu

Only have a second to post, and I don't know if it's been suggested- I've mentioned many times that the OP shouldn't mention what they feel the grade is for the book they're posting. May be no big deal, but I like to have a clean palate when grading Speed Test.

Edited by jitasaw

On 12/4/2020 at 3:44 PM, jitasaw said:

Only have a second to post, and I don't know if it's been suggested- I've mentioned many times that the OP shouldn't mention what they feel the grade is for the book they're posting. May be no big deal, but I like to have a clean palate when grading Speed Test.

Or, as some have done in the past, hide it in a Spoiler tag. I like to post, and then see what the OP was thinking, to see how close or far we might be in our opinions.

Hi, I'm having trouble posting .jpegs to this forum. I'm getting a -200 error message, and Google is no help in explaining what that means. I converted these images to .jpegs from HEIF photos, so maybe that's the problem, but I would love to know if there is a workaround. Thanks!

On 7/22/2021 at 11:04 PM, BankItDrew said:

Can someone enlighten me on why my PGM post has yet to be approved? 

I linked images to imgur but I thought links to the image were okay.

I don't see anything that has not been approved, are you sure you hit submit?

In the past there was a limit of 5 posts a day for new members, it's possible that has been reinstated, but I should be able to see the posts, all 5 of yours show.l

On 7/23/2021 at 9:56 AM, cgcmod11 said:

I don't see anything that has not been approved, are you sure you hit submit?

In the past there was a limit of 5 posts a day for new members, it's possible that has been reinstated, but I should be able to see the posts, all 5 of yours show.l

Looks good now. Just weird that it took >30hrs