• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

90 posts in this topic

Did Chilling Adventures of Sabrina #2 come out today or not?

I'm so confused by this. They had it scheduled for today (Nov 5) but no one shows it for sale.

It's been pulled or shows "no longer available" from online sources. What gives?

-T

I'm so confused by this. They had it scheduled for today (Nov 5) but no one shows it for sale.

It's been pulled or shows "no longer available" from online sources. What gives?

-T

Afterlife with Archie and Sabrina will come out when they feel like it.. Don't go looking.. Just be happy when they show up.

Sabrina #5, normal cover is awesome!!!

I agree. I don't understand the variant cover at all. It doesn't catch the mood of this title and looks like an unused page from a children's book. Definitely the weakest cover for this series yet.

-T

Afterlife with Archie and Sabrina will come out when they feel like it.. Don't go looking.. Just be happy when they show up.

So this is what it feels like waiting for the next issue to come out..... hm

Archie has finally announced the release date for Chilling Adventures of Sabrina #2: April 15.

Additionally, they announced a new imprint for their horror titles: Archie Horror. This will include Afterlife with Archie, Chilling Tales of Sabrina, and an as-yet unannounced third title.

The article in EW also includes a short preview of #2: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/19/archie-comics-announces-new-horror-imprint-teases-series

When Archie Comics cancelled their Kickstarter campaign, they offered free gifts to those who did back the project, you just had to send them your address.

Well, I received my gift today, and it was a 2014 NYCC Sabrina #1 variant. This is the same design as the store specific variants for #1, but instead of the individual store's logo, it has the Archie Comics logo:

sabrina.jpg

I don't know if they gave these to everyone who backed the Kickstarter, or if they just gave out whatever they had laying around and this is what I happened to get.

When Archie Comics cancelled their Kickstarter campaign, they offered free gifts to those who did back the project, you just had to send them your address.

Well, I received my gift today, and it was a 2014 NYCC Sabrina #1 variant. This is the same design as the store specific variants for #1, but instead of the individual store's logo, it has the Archie Comics logo:

sabrina.jpg

I don't know if they gave these to everyone who backed the Kickstarter, or if they just gave out whatever they had laying around and this is what I happened to get.

I think that was the NYCC exclusive. Cool book.

I was at a LCS that I got yo from time to time today and found issue #3 of this book.

I think DCBS canceled my orders for #3 a while ago and I never saw it at the reg LCS I go to.

Glad it's on somewhat of a schedule now :applause:

That NYCC version of #1 is a sweet "thank you".

The Chilling adventures #4 is said to be out on July 22nd. But I wouldn't put money on it. As for Afterlife, if you can prognosticate that, you should play the lottery.

-Terry

so what happened with these? are these now once every 3 month titles?

it seems that aside from us middle aged dorkmasters, this could have some appeal to the 10-14 year old girl set who have some background in archie/sabrina, but who are also well read in harry potter and the umpteen gadjillion fantasy type books out there dealing with magic, witches, hunky vampires, etc. apparently, some of them actually like archie comics (my son likes archie comics too, but he just likes comics in general). a work colleague has me on the lookout if I ever see archie digests (does not matter when or if they are a little beat) in the dollar boxes for her 10.5 year old daughter. she just can't bring herself to spend $4.99 for a new one (she is a little cheap).

OTOH, maybe it isn't worth it to them to plop down $4 for a 15 minute read unless their parents are buying, so that is a pretty small window of opportunity. maybe in hipster brooklyn where i live parents will walk into a comic shop or barnes & noble with their pre-teen kids and buy them comics, but i have my doubts about the rest of reality.

Edited by the blob