• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

90 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, KEY ISSUES Comics said:

Yeah, what's the story with these titles? Are they done with them or do we only get 1-2 issues per year? I'm rather frustrated as a fan.

Except for Jughead the Hunger. I saw issue one and then it seemed like six months later there was number 5 already?!? What the heck? Artist must've finished them all before they released the first issue. Anyway, I missed out on 2-4 on the rack and I wasn't in a year-long coma as far as I can recall...

(shrug)

And to your point, the between-issue delays caused me to stop collecting both Afterlife and Chilling Adventures. Just not worth the bother to keep track of when new issues might be appearing and making a special trip to get them when they did finally appear. Guess I'm not a "true fan".

3 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

Except for Jughead the Hunger. I saw issue one and then it seemed like six months later there was number 5 already?!? What the heck? Artist must've finished them all before they released the first issue. Anyway, I missed out on 2-4 on the rack and I wasn't in a year-long coma as far as I can recall...

(shrug)

And to your point, the between-issue delays caused me to stop collecting both Afterlife and Chilling Adventures. Just not worth the bother to keep track of when new issues might be appearing and making a special trip to get them when they did finally appear. Guess I'm not a "true fan".

Hunger is the only one I don't read--for no particular reason--so of course it's the one with a regular release schedule... The real hassle with the other two is that I tend to forget what's going on by the time a new issue comes out and I feel lost. I'm guessing the delay is due to the writer being involved with the Riverdale TV series. 

On 9/20/2018 at 9:10 PM, KEY ISSUES Comics said:

Hunger is the only one I don't read--for no particular reason--so of course it's the one with a regular release schedule... The real hassle with the other two is that I tend to forget what's going on by the time a new issue comes out and I feel lost. I'm guessing the delay is due to the writer being involved with the Riverdale TV series. 

You would think he could have written the entire series BEFORE Riverdale since Afterlife with Archie started in 2013 and we still don't have enough issues to fill up the second trade paperback (which, by the way, was solicited for March 2018 and now it's solicited for sometime in 2019 ...). I've lost all interest in all of these series. Jughead The Hunger was just okay and nothing really remarkable, in my opinion, but, at least it was on time most of the time.

2 hours ago, WhatMeWorry said:

Does anybody know?

Best I can tell from looking at eBay covers and my own collection. 

Afterlife with Archie magazine # 1 and 2 came out in 2014. I can’t tell what #3 cover says #4 says 2015

chilling Adventures of Sabrina 1 cgc case says 12/14

afterlife with Archie #666 from SDCC which has previews of chilling adventures number one , and afterlife with Archie number 6 came out at SDCC 7/14 

Edited by Awax