• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Doctor Strange Movie Thread

1,320 posts in this topic

SO looking for about what for the Japanese market $15 million? guessing this will finish up between $675 and $700 mil?

I was originally thinking just below this amount based on previous movie experiences.

Remaining box office release dates:

- Japan: 27 January 2017

With the last market being Japan, based on the previous DC/Marvel movie run rates this has been the experience so far.

• Amazing Spider-Man 2, The - $30.3MM
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron - $26.4MM
  • Captain America: Civil War - $24.4MM
  • Deadpool - $18.9MM
  • Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - $16.5MM
  • Suicide Squad - $15.61MM
  • X-Men: Days of Future Past - $10MM
  • Ant-Man - $9.7MM
  • Guardians of the Galaxy - $9.5MM
  • X-Men: Apocalypse - $7.4MM
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier - $6.6MM
  • Fantastic Four - $2.5MM

Even at the highest for a standalone character/intro movie, this should do $12MM-$14MM.

But I can see this hitting the $15MM level.

DOCTOR STRANGE Writer Jon Spaihts Says We "Might" See Fan-Favorite Character Clea In The Sequel

Clea.jpg

Spaihts still had something interesting things to say about why Clea wasn't included in the first instalment and weighed in on how he thinks the character could be added to this franchise.

"She’s a tricky character to interpret because her uncle is a kind of fire-headed omnipotent god and she’s kind of a hot babe who studies magic. That’s a tricky relationship to bring out of a comic book and on to a movie screen. But she’s a really compelling character as a foil, a love interest, a colleague of Doctor Strange’s, and she always carries with her that width of mystery as to whether she is human, and how human, and what that means for his relationship to her. So we might find a way to introduce her to the story."

lol ...finally got to see Dr Strange at the theater last night... 2240 showing... only showing all day...figured i would be the only person in the theater... there was about 20 other people... i was surprised... and i very much enjoyed the movie... may have to try to catch it one more time! :headbang:

lol ...finally got to see Dr Strange at the theater last night... 2240 showing... only showing all day...figured i would be the only person in the theater... there was about 20 other people... i was surprised... and i very much enjoyed the movie... may have to try to catch it one more time! :headbang:

2240? Augusta? Someone lives on Ft. Gordon...

Doctor Strange lands at a great spot while waiting for its Japanese box office opening. Though by Weekend 8 it did experience the largest drop possibly due to Rogue One.

bxr2N16.png

GIwSOiF.png

Remaining box office release dates:

- Japan: 27 January 2017

This was the worst genre film of the year. BvS was superior to Dr Strange.

Did you leave the theatre?

I didn't think so.

Dr Strange was great. BvS was mediocre at best.

This was the worst genre film of the year. BvS was superior to Dr Strange.

I wouldn't necessarily disagree with this. Dr. Strange was too... generic. And I had a hard time recognizing the character I grew up reading in comic books. It was an okay movie; not terrific but not bad. Luckily we are getting GOTG2 which should be different enough from the Marvel movie formula to make it interesting.

I have to ask, have they introduced the sentient cape into the comic yet?

It is too bad Marvel isn't embracing their history (I wanted Mandarin in Iron Man III) but instead are cowtowing to political correctness.

Edited by rjrjr