• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conan the Barbarian #1 to #24 CGC 9.8+ Scan and Photo Library
1 1

130 posts in this topic

And today's Census overview, only Universal & Signature, 9.8 or better, a total of 364 books (drum roll):

Conancensus_zps672f19d7.png

Not many differences here since last year, although #1 still seems to be increasing - to break it up:

Max. 5 books in Census: #11-12, and 18 (thus these books are the most scarce of all).

6 - 10 books: #4, 6, 10, 14, 20-22, and Annual 1.

11 - 15 books: #2-3, 5, 15-17, and 19.

16 - 20 books: #23

21 books or more: #1, 7-9, 13, and 24.

Or an average of 15 books per issue... (median 12, with interquartile ranges 7 to 18, sorry I'll stop now :facepalm: )

PS. Could not help it, currently 7 new books have arrived in 5 months, so Census is increasing about 1.4 books per month, wonder when it'll stop... hm

Well-done Rune! :applause:

A true nerd. Now that's something to which I can relate!

Thank you :blush: There's nothing in life like maintaining my small Conan garden :cloud9: (less stressful for the back too (thumbs u :facepalm: )

Actually never saw this movie, but from its' title I assume it's about a guy checking his CGC book collections each day (just like me), and a wife who thinks that's a waste of time :grin:

The+Constant+Gardener+TCG.png

:jokealert::eyeroll:

Edited by Rune

Another #23 is coming up for auction on HA.com (and has now been added to the Photobucket library :) ) :

1290406001FWPDon-MaggieThompsonCollection_zps697ac44f.jpg

Get it here:

http://comics.ha.com/itm/bronze-age-1970-1979-/conan-the-barbarian-23-don-maggie-thompson-collection-pedigree-marvel-1973-cgc-nm-mt-98-white-pages/a/121507-13234.s

Graded Nov 18th 2014.

Well-done Rune! :applause:

A true nerd. Now that's something to which I can relate!

Thank you :blush: There's nothing in life like maintaining my small Conan garden :cloud9: (less stressful for the back too (thumbs u :facepalm: )

Actually never saw this movie, but from its' title I assume it's about a guy checking his CGC book collections each day (just like me), and a wife who thinks that's a waste of time :grin:

It's actually very tedious and depressing, stick to Conan!

It's actually very tedious and depressing, stick to Conan!

lol Had actually forgotten about that movie!

But it cannot be more boring than Boyhood? I also saw The Theory of Everything and stayed awake to the end :acclaim: (had hoped that the movie contained more info about his amazing theories and calculations)

I also saw Birdman to the end and did like the giant bird cgi (which lasted about 10 seconds) :shy: And Annabelle :facepalm:

Ida was sort of ok - guess the sinister plot kept me going ^^

But I did not finish Dracula Untold :sorry: (I might give it a second try some day)

Did enjoy Better Call Saul last week (thumbs u - And Jupiter Ascending 3D was better than I anticipated* (same thing goes for Taken 3, then again my expectations were extremely low). Guess the best movies the last year were Guardians of the Galaxy, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Big Hero 6 and Interstellar. Now I am watching Comic Book Men Season 4 (with the wife, she loves it, she thinks the guys are so nerdy and funny :whistle: ) and Big Bang Theory.

You're right, Barry Smith's Conan is better than most movies :cloud9: Although I'm currently reading DD Born Again, Y! - The Last Man and then The Killing Joke, who really needs movies? ;)

*As I tried to explain to a friend, who was conviced Jupiter Ascending would be a complete waste of time, you actually could give that movie a rather good rating without watching it, because out of maximum 10 (IMDB) stars, it would automatically get:

1 star for Mila Kunis :cloud9:

1 star for $175 mill budget

1 star for being directed by the guys behind the Matrix (The Wachowskis)

1 star for 3D

1 star for spaceships

So basically you know it is at least a 5/10 star movie! (thumbs u :facepalm:

Edited by Rune

Great thanks to "Fred" (aka Spaceforce2000, news posted in the Comicarl-l newsgroup) for mentioning that the Conan the Barbarian #1 original art cover finally has surfaced, I cleaned the photo up a bit:

photo 1_zpsdba95180.jpg

Source: http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1191543&GSub=8848

So here you can now see a collection of 16 of the 25 different original art covers behind Conan the Barbarian issues 1 to 24 and Annual 1:

http://s1270.photobucket.com/user/runesr2/library/Original%20Art%20Covers

My trusty EBay fishing net just caught this book - graded Marts 6 2015:

1300147002F%20OW-W_zpsvtn1k5md.jpg

So now there are 11 #22 9.8 books, get it here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CONAN-THE-BARBARIAN-22-CGC-9-8-/400894697046?

As always I include books that I have not seen before in the library, where you now can see for example 9 of the 11 #22 9.8 books:

http://s1270.photobucket.com/user/runesr2/library/?sort=9&page=1

They are such pretty books aren't they; years ago I scanned some in Hi Res and went to FedEx to make large Posters of them for my Man Cave - Conan 22 was one of the ones I did! Still have it!

I would love to hear the story of how he got the Conan cover; he's loaded and one of the Biggest of the BSD's. I think his family invented food or clothing or something like that.

They are such pretty books aren't they; years ago I scanned some in Hi Res and went to FedEx to make large Posters of them for my Man Cave - Conan 22 was one of the ones I did! Still have it!

I would love to hear the story of how he got the Conan cover; he's loaded and one of the Biggest of the BSD's. I think his family invented food or clothing or something like that.

I guess you're thinking of Eric Robert's Conan #1 cover? Yes, I would love to hear that story too - I thought it had completely disappeared, so it was a great surprise to suddenly see it appear like a white rabbit from the Wizard's hat :grin:. Yes, in order to get a collection like his I guess it wouldn't harm owning all the oxygen in the atmosphere or just to have some gorillas being absolute experts in the fine art of making offers you can't refuse lol

Furthermore I just got a nice mail from Sergio mentioning that he had a book not listed in the Conan scan library, so here it is:

conan%2013%209.8whitepages_zpstrfckqcn.jpg

And thanks (thumbs u

PS. As always I also updated the list in my set: https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/WCM/ComicView.aspx?PeopleSetComicID=362637 :gossip:

Another #21 was graded April 1 2015:

photo 1305170001F WP_zpsojne4ofq.jpg

Get it here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CONAN-THE-BARBARIAN-21-CGC-9-8-WHITE-PAGES-BRONZE-AGE-1972-/321718915377?

So there are now 8 Conan 21 books in 9.8 and 9.9, and I have pictures of 7 (nearly 90%) in the library, so there is still one book I have never seen...

BTW, currently there are several Conan 9.8 books on EBay and CLink, but these books are already in the library, so therefore I do not describe them here - I only make a new post, when I see a book that is not in the library.