• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which of your favorite artists' is their best cover?
2 2

394 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Yeah, in there for sure. He did so many you almost might have to do him by genres. And, even that would be hard...

Completely agree.

love this thread, except it shows my ignorance. Maybe I’ll make flash cards out of it to improve my game.

anyway, for Alex schomburg, someone already posted MMC 66 and All Select 2, which are great. Cap 37 shares honors as the pinnacle of his work

DAD8BFAA-9570-4198-8A79-FF1DA807E285.jpeg

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

29 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=c846ed7a40be7761love this thread, except it shows my ignorance. Maybe I’ll make flash cards out of it to improve my game.

anyway, for Alex schomburg, someone already posted All Select 2, which is great. Cap 37 shares honors as the pinnacle of his work

DAD8BFAA-9570-4198-8A79-FF1DA807E285.jpeg

Beautiful copy my friend!   :luhv:

If I’m not mistaken, Cap 37 was one of the three Schomburg covers commissioned for Ltd. Ed. Prints by Buccaneer Press back in the 80’s.  It’s one of the highlights of Schomburg war era covers.  Another fave is Marvel Mystery #66 which was also selected for print series recreation by Buccaneer Press.  I posted scans of that title and the commissioned Schomburg recreation earlier in this thread.

Cheers,

:tink:

29 minutes ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Beautiful copy my friend!   :luhv:

If I’m not mistaken, Cap 37 was one of the three Schomburg covers commissioned for Ltd. Ed. Prints by Buccaneer Press back in the 80’s.  It’s one of the highlights of Schomburg war era covers.  Another fave is Marvel Mystery #66 which was also selected for print series recreation by Buccaneer Press.  I posted scans of that title and the commissioned Schomburg recreation earlier in this thread.

Cheers,

:tink:

Right. Along with All Winners 11, if memory serves. All 3 are great!

7 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Right. Along with All Winners 11, if memory serves. All 3 are great!

Absolutely! Remarkably vivid, iconic art, ...some of the very best of Alex’s recreations.

Have no idea who owns the other commissioned gouache cover recreations, but I envy them. Given today’s OA market and premium placed on Schomburg’s GA covers, there’s no telling where a final hammer price for these two recreated Cap and All Winners paintings would land.  Purely for the sake of speculation, my best guess would be six figures and juice.  hm