• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which of your favorite artists' is their best cover?
2 2

394 posts in this topic

A great idea for a thread. Lots of cool books and interesting decisions.

I'll start with Bernard Baily. So many to choose from, but an easy pick for me. My favorite PCH cover and one of the few books I HAD to get.

WeirdMysteries4cgcphoto.jpg

Kelly was, though, a wonderful artist. Again, it's brutally hard to pick just one, but here's a recent pickup from Cheetah that I really like.

FourColor172_zps84883765.jpg

Thanks for reminding me of Walt Kelly. Again, too many to list but this always shows up near the top of my list - Front & Back covers shown

FairyTaleParade5_zps0ba9878c.jpg

FairyTaleParade5-BC_zps37c422de.jpg

Kelly was, though, a wonderful artist. Again, it's brutally hard to pick just one, but here's a recent pickup from Cheetah that I really like.

FourColor172_zps84883765.jpg

Thanks for reminding me of Walt Kelly. Again, too many to list but this always shows up near the top of my list - Front & Back covers shown

FairyTaleParade5_zps0ba9878c.jpg

FairyTaleParade5-BC_zps37c422de.jpg

Great choice! (thumbs u

Cool thread!

I am a big Everett fan and was great to see this kicked off by an Everett...so here is mine:

EverettSubbyi57cover001_zps329ff571.jpg

Love the Atlas stuff as well - still working on the comics but very little art out there...so this cover with Venus is that much more dear to me

Another artist who did so many great covers, so it's nearly impossible to choose a single cover as his best. His St John romance covers, the best of them at any rate, which are the ones he inked as well as drew, are surely the clearest demonstration of his mastery.

TrueLovePictorial11_zps07d29052.jpg

Absolutely my favorite Baker cover of all time.

:cloud9:

Yet another Everett

amf_v2_5_zpsfcaece0f.jpeg

I'm with you newbie on this one,for early Bill Everett talent it is a sight to behold in hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!