• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this really a Curator Pedigree ?

11 posts in this topic

Realizing I am really being outspoken about this, I just cannot believe this is a Curator Pedigree. I strongly believe the heritage of a pedigree should be maintained. With the grease mark date, possibly this is an Ohio pedigree but a Curator pedigree, I don't think so. CGC, tell me I am wrong and you have documentation directly from John Hauser.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHOWCASE-34-1961-CGC-VF-NM-9-0-WHITE-Pgs-CURATOR-Pedigree-1st-SILVER-AGE-ATOM-/310957916858?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item48668942ba

Historically, CGC has been very diligent about maintaining the integrity of a pedigree. However, it seems like the current regime needs little to no validation for a pedigree status. Years ago, I purchased, direct from the OO collection, many Mass Pedigree comics. I have seen numerous situations where individuals have submitted books purchased from me as Mass pedigrees. Some, were definitely not Mass pedigrees, but were granted the status. I am sorry but I am speaking out. There are many books out there with a Mass pedigree status that I know are not. I am calling out CGC to pursue more diligence in granting pedigree status. I think it is important for the hobby. Feel free to contact me if desired.

Yea, CG or Silver forum, Bob.

Okay, I apologize if I chose the wrong forum. Does it really matter? Are you mods ? I am fed up and want CGC to read my statement. I feel like I am in 5th grade English class and I got my punctuation wrong. How do I move my post ? I was responding to a GA/SA post.

Okay, I put my posts under Comic general. Sorry if I seem annoyed but I am trying to emphasize an important point and the only response I get is you are in the wrong category. Again, sorry.

Maybe you were trying to reply in this thread that's in the Silver Age section? http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=279926&gonew=1#UNREAD

To try to get it moved, hit the "notify" button to ask the mods to move it. Then go wait in the hall. (tsk)

Historically, CGC has been very diligent about maintaining the integrity of a pedigree. However, it seems like the current regime needs little to no validation for a pedigree status. Years ago, I purchased, direct from the OO collection, many Mass Pedigree comics. I have seen numerous situations where individuals have submitted books purchased from me as Mass pedigrees. Some, were definitely not Mass pedigrees, but were granted the status. I am sorry but I am speaking out. There are many books out there with a Mass pedigree status that I know are not. I am calling out CGC to pursue more diligence in granting pedigree status. I think it is important for the hobby. Feel free to contact me if desired.

Bob have your ever pointed out these false Mass pedigree copies? You really should if you haven't already.