• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BRONZE AGE WONDER WOMAN

29 posts in this topic

On 6/21/2014 at 7:09 AM, vane said:

There was an recent interview done this year with the granddaughter of the creator of Wonder Woman,

It seems the Marston estate still owns the right.

I understand that your family still owns Wonder Woman. Does that mean that DC Comics needs the family's approval for all Wonder Woman stories and products?

Yes, they need family approval before any decisions are made.

Have you been interviewed before about this?

Never!

http://noblemania.blogspot.com/2014/04/granddaughter-of-wonder-womans-creator.html

That interview isn’t correct I believe because there was a similar one where it states. This 

I was told that your family still owns Wonder Woman. Does that mean that DC Comics needs the family’s approval for all Wonder Woman stories and products?

No, DC/Warner Bros. has full artistic control. The Marston family has zero input. Since Gram died in 1993, DC has been delighted with the silence from the family… (Hahaha—you’ve hit on one of my pet peeves! I would most certainly not be quiet if I had the choice; that decision, however, is not mine to make.)

Which confirms DC’s ownership but then the Marston family never owned Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman was a work done for hire. There is no way they could have. Wonder Woman was always fully owned by DC  in her 80 years of existence. But it’s just that dc could have lost that ownership of her if she wasn’t kept in print for long enough 

https://www.noblemania.com/2014/05/interview-with-another-granddaughter-of.html?m=1

On 6/19/2014 at 4:02 PM, Marty Mann said:

Ran across this in a box I picked up at an auction a few years back.

Don't remember seeing it posted in any thread...maybe I missed it,

but I thought it was an interesting cover.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3912/14220613600_081252593a.jpg

mm

I recall when the Original Art for that cover hit eBay in 2002/2003 it went then for what at the time was a high price of $3500.  I recall that as I had just picked up (and still own) a 1975 WW Cover for $600 on eBay and thought that was high sum to pay. My guess is today #229 Cover would be in the 20-25K range. 

One of the earliest CGC slabs from the few months before they started to note page quality on the labels

The stitched together android "photoscan" makes the right side of the book appear to have waves or wrinkles when it does not - I have to get a better pic :) as its a much sharper looking book than the pic shows.

WW196.thumb.jpg.901080401b312a0b1795c68dc85ce5a0.jpg

Edited by MAR1979