• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help grading Spidey #20 please

10 posts in this topic

I've had this Amazing Spider-man #20 for a number of years and was hoping to get some opinions as to the grade. I go back and forth as to whether to slab it or not, so any ideas on that would be appreciated...also, this is my very first post, so "scanning reviews" would also be helpful.

sm20.jpg" alt="" height="1042" width="702" border="0

sm20b.jpg" alt="" height="1046" width="702" border="0

Hey Herbie,

If you're a shill, I'm gonna bop you with this here 27_laughing.giflipop! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Is that a chip missing from the URBC? If not, it looks like an 8.5 sumo.gif by virtue of an accumulation of very small defects - nize book! thumbsup2.gif

You should definitely get it slabbed if you are going to sell it -- otherwise just keep it in a nice 4-mil Mylar sleeve with a full-back and some micro-chamber paper between the covers, and enjoy it! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I would definitely have that one slabbed. It's in pretty good shape, and with new possible developments with Max Gargan in the MK Spider-Man series, as well as a new Scorpion series in Amazing Fantasty coming up, this one could go up in value.

Good call on just keeping it in it's current condition. I've been thinking of doing the same with some of my more modern books; for collection/investment and not for resale. But a lot of people have told me not to do it. No idea why, they're all at least 9.6's.

Thanks much for the opinions, a big help. I'll most likely get this one slabbed in the new year. I'm sure I must have the story in Marvel Tales (or something similar) for future reads. Now there's some fun...how many times has this story been reprinted...a few times to say the least.