• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Annuals in 8.0 and better
1 1

78 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ameri said:

My favorite of all of them. I bought it in 1966 to see what the Human Torch and Namor were like "more than 25 years ago." This issue paved the way for more golden age reprints in Fantasy Masterpieces.

Marvel King-Size Special 1 upgrade BOUGHT 2014.JPG

:x

Those and the Collectors Items Classics-I still have my original(bought used,I'm copper born,well 77) sets I lovingly put together and reread every spring.

(one day I'll boot the scanner,I've a nice vf plus FF #1 too,very important comic to me)

Edited by porcupine48

On 1/27/2020 at 5:52 AM, namisgr said:

The reprints were a great way for this Bronze Age young man to affordably read Silver Age classics.

MT2sale.jpg.b20495c7b148448ea9c409ac65a20dc7.jpg  MT3sale.jpg.09a6fae502e52ee01ea573064babd66c.jpg

…. the double size reprint titles were my gateway to the early Marvel Age as well. I saw this one at a show and it took me back to the Rexall Pharmacy were I bought my first copy of this issue in the 60's. My first mail order was for a copy of #4 …. Ditko was one of my favorites from the beginning. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

DSCN8536 (2).JPG

My original first copy with the blank interior cover,I can still remember the day I found it at Arthurs :cloud9:Such an important comic to me!

(from the files,haven't been digging)

100350.jpg.d1c40baf532d9183d6c1f9d80d594856.jpg

Edited by porcupine48

On 2/7/2020 at 11:58 AM, porcupine48 said:

My original first copy with the blank interior cover,I can still remember the day I found it at Arthurs :cloud9:Such an important comic to me!

(from the files,haven't been digging)

100350.jpg.d1c40baf532d9183d6c1f9d80d594856.jpg

Whenever I see Marvel Tales #2 it brings back memories. 

Bought for me at some roadside place; we were on vacation.  The Smoky Mountains or something, I think.  I sat in the backseat reading and rereading my small batch of Marvels, but I really liked this one because it had the origins of the Avengers and the X-Men.  Such old stories!  I already had a collection of Marvels at home, stored in a dresser drawer and neatly stacked by title.

...So of course, when I got home I cut up the Marvel Tales #2 into sections and restapled each section so I had my Avengers #1 story at the bottom of my small Avengers stack (that at the time started with #15), and the same with my X-Men, Strange Tales, and Astonish piles.

Fortunately, that practice began and ended with Marvel Tales #2 (except for 2 years later, when I cut up all my doubles to make a Marvel scrapbook).  I still have the scrapbook.

Edited by Unca Ben

23 hours ago, Unca Ben said:

Whenever I see Marvel Tales #2 it brings back memories. 

Bought for me at some roadside place; we were on vacation.  The Smoky Mountains or something, I think.  I sat in the backseat reading and rereading my small batch of Marvels, but I really liked this one because it had the origins of the Avengers and the X-Men.  Such old stories!  I already had a collection of Marvels at home, stored in a dresser drawer and neatly stacked by title.

...So of course, when I got home I cut up the Marvel Tales #2 into sections and restapled each section so I had my Avengers #1 story at the bottom of my small Avengers stack (that at the time started with #15), and the same with my X-Men, Strange Tales, and Astonish piles.

Fortunately, that practice began and ended with Marvel Tales #2 (except for 2 years later, when I cut up all my doubles to make a Marvel scrapbook).  I still have the scrapbook.

I would love love love to see some picture of that if I'm ever so fortunate!The scrapbook that is!