• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Art Covers Thread
1 1

101 posts in this topic

My three (comics) covers  :

Shockrockets #6 by Stuart Immonen and Wade Von Grawbadger (my first published cover and my favorite)

Immonen%20Shockrockets6%20cover%20w.jpg

Mighty Samson #1 variant cover by Pat Oliffe

4MGi7FbA_0902181623041gpadd.jpg

Spider-Man and Doctor Strange unfinished cover by Simone Bianchi

Bianchi%20Spider-Man.jpg

More info here https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetailsearch.asp?aty=1&gcat=73443

My second cover arrived last night.  Aquaman #24 by Paul Pelletier.  I wasn't too familiar with Pelletier, but really love this run of Aquaman.  I think it was one of the highlights to the New 52, Geoff Johns really did some good work with a "lower tier" character.  This is also a pretty interesting self-case study in what I'll accept from OA, or how I'll justify a purchase.  This is Pelletier pencils only and when CAT first brought this to my attention, I passed.  But, since the cover to Aquaman #10 has yet to surface, I contacted the dealer/rep and inquired as to where the inked version was located/if it existed.  It turns out that the inker has the inked version on blueline and is not selling.  So, normally I would pass since I can't have the whole package, but the dealer (much to her credit) informed me that this cover was actually published as a sketch variant.  The variant part doesn't really move the needle for me, but I do like that the pencils were published.  So, I know where the inks are, pencils were published, it's from a run I really want an example from (plus this issue is full of great Aquaman lore), it was pretty affordable ($1,450), and the dealer/rep was super helpful and responsive.  As a bonus, in person the pencils are strong and in places almost look like ink.  So, it will look great framed up and on the wall. 

BTW, TDArt was the rep and she was so great to work with.  I recommend and will be going back to again.

Happy Tuesday!  Where the heck is the fall weather?  94 degrees here in the DC area tomorrow...but Go Nationals tonight!

Aquaman #24 Cover Scan.JPG

Published Aquaman #24.jpg

Edited by Andahaion
Typo

1 hour ago, Andahaion said:

BTW, TDArt was the rep and she was so great to work with.  I recommend and will be going back to again.

Glad to gear you had such a great experience. Probably half of mine are frustrating in some manner. (In fact, I'm waiting on a response as we speak on a few pieces i inquired about last week) Feel like i have to beg reps to take my money at times. It can really sap the fun out of the hobby, so it's nice to be reminded there's still some good out there lol