• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Austin -- October 30-31, 2015

79 posts in this topic

Even with this show in my back yard, I am only considering going because of Rickey Williams and Earl Campbell. I REALLY want to get the only two UT Heisman winners on a helmet:p

There is a link to a Groupon on the last page, so check that out for a discounted rate if you need a ticket to get in. $40 for a two day pass or either $20/$25 to get in single days. So cheap.

Even with this show in my back yard, I am only considering going because of Rickey Williams and Earl Campbell. I REALLY want to get the only two UT Heisman winners on a helmet:p

Hmmm. . . I work for UT. I don't have a helmet, though. I'm on the fence about attending.

So how many of us are going? Especially on Friday...

I haven't been to a con in years...how does everyone go about meeting up? The only person in this thread I have met is DigsUT...and I forgot what he looks like (willing to bet he forgot my face as well)

Also...does anyone know what forms of payment dealers usually take? I know cash is king but do they take credit cards or even PayPal transfers?

I'm new to the board but have been going every year. I'm also going on Friday. In my experience, most dealers accept CCs but I normally get better deals with cash. The number of dealers actually selling comics decreases every year. Still a fun time I look forward to every year and take the day off work to attend.

So how many of us are going? Especially on Friday...

I haven't been to a con in years...how does everyone go about meeting up? The only person in this thread I have met is DigsUT...and I forgot what he looks like (willing to bet he forgot my face as well)

Also...does anyone know what forms of payment dealers usually take? I know cash is king but do they take credit cards or even PayPal transfers?

I decided not to go. I would like to meet some more boardies, too, though! I need to get a "Boardie" shirt made.

Many dealers do take credit cards, but I know some were having issues with the chipped cards last weekend, though.

I will be set up at the show so stop by and say hi. I think it will be a pretty sparse show as far as comics go, I know I won't have my usual set up but will have 4 boxes or so of wall books and some $1 books. I'm just setting up because it is pretty close and it is an opportunity to hang out with my brother.

Most dealers I know take cc's although I'm not sure if I can take the chip cards or not; haven't tried yet. I usually have to add in tax on a cc in Tx so cash is king but we can do a cc. Checks are OK too if you are a boardie.

I think Rick(bubbagump) will be set up as well

Lyft is offering free rides to the con, up to $25. You have to use the code HERO101 at checkout on the Lyft app.

Without cosplaying…how do people generally recognize other people from this board?

Lyft is offering free rides to the con, up to $25. You have to use the code HERO101 at checkout on the Lyft app.

Without cosplaying…how do people generally recognize other people from this board?

Just post what you're wearing the day of the show. Or, better yet, post a picture of yourself wearing it. That's about the best way for non-dealers to do it.

So I'm not much of a cosplayer but my girlfriend wants to dress up. I'm trying to think up some good and cheap costumes.

We have a couple of hinderances though. I wear glasses and she is blind. Best idea I got so far is to have her dress up as a female Daredevil (with her white cane) and I'll be Kingpin....and no, I'm not dressing up as Elektra.

Any other ideas?

So I'm not much of a cosplayer but my girlfriend wants to dress up. I'm trying to think up some good and cheap costumes.

We have a couple of hinderances though. I wear glasses and she is blind. Best idea I got so far is to have her dress up as a female Daredevil (with her white cane) and I'll be Kingpin....and no, I'm not dressing up as Elektra.

Any other ideas?

she doesn't have to dress as a blind character does she? or are you just trying to incorporate the cane into the costume as she'll have it anyways?

Other blind people are Destiny (Mystique's domestic partner), Blindfold (New X-kid), Madame Web (you could be spidey).

I think Jubilee would be a good one with the big glasses.

Is it a definite that CGC will be there? I have some things I'd love Shooter to sign. I checked the WW page but couldn't find any mention of CGC

Another note: If you want to see where CGC will be, its generally better to check the CGC website.