• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Austin -- October 30-31, 2015

79 posts in this topic

I had a histotech meeting at the convention center last year. There's a lot of good food right around there.

Piranha Killer Sushi, Iron Works BBQ, Iron Cactus. . . all decent.

Fogo is right there as well. :cloud9: That was always our Saturday night dinner. ( :gossip: the last time we ate there a bunch of the celeb guest list wandered through to the private room for dinner).

I miss this show. :P

I'm here right now. I met bubbagump, gsims, and yoddler so far. I got a picture with Ted Raimi and talked to Lou Ferigno and Chris Sarandon. I saw Bruce Campbell, Jason David Frank, the two from True Blood, and Lucas Till.

I was there for an hour today. However low your expectations were -- lower them. I feel for the dealers bec wizard is really not creating any kind of comics "mood". There were maybe half a dozen dealers and the name ones I recognized did not bring their usual setup.

I left without buying anything and had a good chunk of change in my pocket so I came prepared.

Here's what I don't understand - Jim shooter, mike zeck, and john Beatty are all there at the front of artists alley as part of their ann of secret wars tour and there is NO SECRET WARS PANEL. crazy.

Day one was fairly slow sales wise. I was surprised that the attendance was decent, considering the weather. It was nice meeting Meeklo, and always great to see George (Gsims). If any boardies are going to the show tomorrow, be sure to stop by and say :hi: . I'm Rick's Comic Crypt and am right by the "Isle 200" sign.

Day one was fairly slow sales wise. I was surprised that the attendance was decent, considering the weather. It was nice meeting Meeklo, and always great to see George (Gsims). If any boardies are going to the show tomorrow, be sure to stop by and say :hi: . I'm Rick's Comic Crypt and am right by the "Isle 200" sign.

Oh, man! I see you at every show!

I had a histotech meeting at the convention center last year. There's a lot of good food right around there.

Piranha Killer Sushi, Iron Works BBQ, Iron Cactus. . . all decent.

Fogo is right there as well. :cloud9: That was always our Saturday night dinner. ( :gossip: the last time we ate there a bunch of the celeb guest list wandered through to the private room for dinner).

I miss this show. :P

Oh, yeah. . . we had a work dinner at the one here in Houston. I had the "meat sweats" afterwards. I was surprised so many of my co-workers "wasted valuable space" on salad. Bring on the filet mignon!

Seriously, though, to those at the show or traveling the next day or so from the East: Be smart with flooding on the roads.

:hi: :hi:

So I didn't take many pictures…but here are a few I got!

First of all, due to the rain, we decided against cosplaying so we went in normal clothes…we may dress up and take pictures anyways though!

Some of the floor…there may be another boardie in this pic…maybe!

onO2Hljl.jpg

I got a pic with Ted Raimi

nIirXBQl.jpg

…and my girlfriend and I got one with Chris Sarandon!

t3UOoacl.jpg

I picked up an ASM #361 CGC 9.4 (thanks gsims!) and a X-Factor #6 CGC 9.4 (thanks my GF who bought it for me!)

I got to talk to Bruce Campbell and Lou Ferrigno. Saw a bunch of other celebrities!

Overall I had a good time. I can see why there are so many complaints but for someone like me who hasn't gone to a con in a long time, I had fun here!

I might try for the Alamo show next year…hear it is fantastic!

So I didn't take many pictures…but here are a few I got!

First of all, due to the rain, we decided against cosplaying so we went in normal clothes…we may dress up and take pictures anyways though!

Some of the floor…there may be another boardie in this pic…maybe!

onO2Hljl.jpg

I got a pic with Ted Raimi

nIirXBQl.jpg

…and my girlfriend and I got one with Chris Sarandon!

t3UOoacl.jpg

I picked up an ASM #361 CGC 9.4 (thanks gsims!) and a X-Factor #6 CGC 9.4 (thanks my GF who bought it for me!)

I got to talk to Bruce Campbell and Lou Ferrigno. Saw a bunch of other celebrities!

Overall I had a good time. I can see why there are so many complaints but for someone like me who hasn't gone to a con in a long time, I had fun here!

I might try for the Alamo show next year…hear it is fantastic!

Ha ha! I see a boardie on the left!

Cons are usually fun. Glad you had a good time! I was starting to have an anxiety attack on Saturday of the May Dallas show, but I got myself into a quiet spot for about an hour. I've honestly never had a bad experience with a celebrity or comic creator. Everyone has been super nice!

I wanted to go to this one, but once one of the people cancelled (again), I decided to switch and go to a different one. The weather would have kept me from the show anyway, since I'd have been driving in that garbage the entire way.