• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Richmond -- September 9-11, 2016

31 posts in this topic

Hearing great things about Tampa. On the list for next summer.

As for Wizard Richmond, It was Really disappointing from a comic buyer's standpoint. Maybe 6 or 7 dealers, including Youmechoose, who it was great to meet, and one of my good local dealer friends Jason Hamlin, who was showcasing ASM 1-20 that he recently picked up. Other than that, it was not worth the walk over from my office.

I went to the show on Friday. I agree with KPR and Srezvan. There was a lack of dealers but it is a WW. I guess I'll have to wait for Baltimore. I saw the ASM that Jason Hamlin had. Really liked the ASM 1,5, and annual 1. Picked up an X Factor 6 and 24 for 25 bucks and a nice Godzilla 1. At least the line for CGC was short.

For those that live in theVA/ DC are, the VA con is a better choice when it comes to comics.

I'd like to hear from the dealers to see if they did well.

I mean, 5-7 dealers and a few thousand people usually make for good sales.

If there are no buyers in the room it doesn't matter if there were 7 dealers or only 1, they'd still have a bad show. The typical Wizard con-goer these days doesn't strike me as a serious comic buyer. It may just be me, but I doubt that.

Using Wizard Austin as an example, the first time we attended that show in 2010 there were about double the number of major dealers than were still doing the show in 2013. From what I heard about 2014 that number had shrunk even further. If buyers were coming out and spending money, the dealers would still be doing that show. If a show that was once as good as Austin has gone down the tubes, I shudder to think what these newer and smaller shows are up against.

I spoke to a couple of dealers who did Wizard World Madison, and they all said they did extremely well.

I can see not doing well if you cater to original art or high-grade golden age, but if you have a wide range of books at a good range of prices, I can't see you doing terribly.

Did okay. Show was terrible but i expected as much. I was already commited for some reason but would have rather stayed home with my son. Was good to meet you kpr. Also, didnt talk to all the comic dealers but the ones i did talk to did bad to okay. Madison was a good show because there were a lot of people that went, richmond attendance was mess or so it seemed. Chicago will be good.