• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ROM the Spaceknight
2 2

249 posts in this topic

I think someone asked for some sort of source; I had a blerb about a hasbro / idw launch next year with ROM #1 (after FCBD). Now I have more:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/paramount-hasbro-gi-joe-universe-848920?utm_source=twitter

Guess we may actually get to see him on the big screen ... would of preferred it in the MCU though ... and with Mittens.

Here's a quick Friday vid of my ROM action figure (with some fresh batteries installed!) doing his "electronic lights & sounds" thing...

I know it might be hard for the kiddies to believe these days, but back in 1979, mess like this was a VERY big deal...

Nice camera work, kinda scary.

After all these years, that's the first time I've actually seen a ROM toy (in action). I bought the comic back in the day, but had never, ever seen the toy.

Upcoming Transformers movie has been titled The Last Knight. Rumors already circulating that Hasbro is going to start integrating their movie universe by having Rom make his movie debut with the TF franchise. Michael Bay directing Rom...rather intriguing

Upcoming Transformers movie has been titled The Last Knight. Rumors already circulating that Hasbro is going to start integrating their movie universe by having Rom make his movie debut with the TF franchise. Michael Bay directing Rom...rather intriguing

Michael Bay can ROM that idea up his intergalactic porthole. It's a rombastic notion. Generations of eager fans are going feel romrodded if Bay gets his hands on this.

Rom will suddenly acquire the ability to change into a earth vehicle of some type. The entire movie will be one long explosion

I really hope not. They have a great opportunity with ROM; fingers crossed they don't blow it. :wishluck:

Hope IDW handles this property well, but I wouldnt be too hopeful.. They relaunched so many classic titles with more mileage than Rom and consistently screwed them up..

Even their TMNT & GI Joe's have dog selling stats

A shame Bill Mantlo couldn`t write these because IDW has brought back Larry Hama and Simon Furman to do long runs.

I don't know if anyone responded to this, CC, or if you knew, but Mantlo was a victim of a hit and run while biking in the 90s. He suffered a brain injury and now resides in a care facility. :(

Those are nice. How many issues do you find is optimal for binding? I've been thinking about doing this for some time now but I don't want volumes that are too thick