• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

One thing to add. You are going to want to order the Hoknes Comics variants and the ComicXposure version...super beautiful and both are very limited.

No real interest in paying a premium for "limited print runs variants" unless there is a major character introduction....but thanks for the heads up (thumbs u

This is what happens when you cosplay Enormous.

Earlier this year, one of our biggest supporters and avid readers, Jenna, took it upon herself to cosplay as Ellen Grace, with some help from talented concept artist, John Gallagher. We loved it so much, we asked Jenna to design herself as a character that we would integrate into the book. She sent along some pics and costume designs.

Here's a first look at the nearly complete creation cycle. Artist Scott Forbes gives us the first look at "Jenna" in this variant cover to Issue #11.

tumblr_o04vj6mI2V1tuk6gvo1_1280.jpg

I have been lurking around these forums for years but never could find a topic to bring me out of hiding until now! Around dec 10th i decided to see what was going on in here and as soon as i seen the art work posted on dec 3 i was interested. So i got the first 3 digital issues and WOW im hooked but sadly tracking down the physical copys for the collection is going to be a task at this point. I did manage to grab issues 2 and 4 from my lcs. Thinking of picking up a graded #1 for a new years gift to myself which would you say is "THEE" cover to have out of 1A 1B and the phantom variant?

Of the 4 regular first print covers, Enormous 1 covers, I would go with either 1A or Phantom Variant, which as I understand it, is the lowest print run Enormous #1 first print books at 544 copies. The thing about the early Enormous books, whichever you'll pick up, it will have a low print run and at the moment the prices are still affordable* for such a quality book.

* Baring the NYCC edition (at only 106 copies in the wild) which I'd also recommend if you can stretch to it.

I would add issues #2A and #3A to your list ( you may already have the 2A ). These issues are much tougher to find than any of the other "A" issues and have the lowest print runs of the "primary" covers. Issue 1A will be THE book to have if the book breaks big. It came out 3 months prior to the NYCC ( also highly desirable ) comic. There are other short prints from Hoknes and Comixsposure that are low prints too.

The Phantom variant #1 also came out the same day as 1A and 1B. It is the most rare 1st day #1 issue. It would be my 2nd most desired #1 behind 1A ONLY because Medhi isn't the cover artist. It has everything else you could want for a good, long term book imo. 2c

hastings is also one you should not ignore, I believe its still had the least graded, and with the white cover.... could be one that may prove hard to get later in high grade. But agree with everyone NYCC, 1A, Phantom, top choices.

I was lucky enough to get a clean copy of 2A from my lcs for $12 last week i think i will grab the 3a from the bay. Originally overlooked the hastings #1,so many choices guess i will add that to my list im trying not to let my ocd kick in if this runs for 60 issues my collection will be ENORM......

I was lucky enough to get a clean copy of 2A from my lcs for $12 last week i think i will grab the 3a from the bay. Originally overlooked the hastings #1,so many choices guess i will add that to my list im trying not to let my ocd kick in if this runs for 60 issues my collection will be ENORM......

60 issues is the plan. And BTW - welcome aboard. Appreciate the support and hope you enjoy the story as well as the collecting.

60 issues is the plan. And BTW - welcome aboard. Appreciate the support and hope you enjoy the story as well as the collecting.

Easy to support a great book. Thanks for the welcome!

I am going to own a CGC 9.8 Enormous Phantom Variant #1 soon (won it in a Fantasy Football League). Can someone fill me in on the draw of this book and what the series is all about (beyond the obvious please)? Online reviews are mixed.

For example: "Walking Dead" isn't about people running from zombies, it is a collage of compelling stories of the people facing death and the dangers of humans when they truly start becoming desperate.

What is great about Enormous?

Edited by rfoiii

I am going to own a CGC 9.8 Enormous Phantom Variant #1 soon (won it in a Fantasy Football League). Can someone fill me in on the draw of this book and what the series is all about (beyond the obvious please)? Online reviews are mixed.

For example: "Walking Dead" isn't about people running from zombies, it is a collage of compelling stories of the people facing death and the dangers of humans when they truly start becoming desperate.

What is great about Enormous?

In all honesty Enormous is one of those titles you probably want to pick up and just read. It's pretty fantastic and the artwork is unbelievable. It'd be a disservice to give you a Cliff Notes version IMHO.