• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

I'd say I have a VF and a NM if memory serves, but I haven't taken a close look at them in probably a year.

I think the problem is that most shops just don't have a good way to store them, and I have to think they're more prone to damage during shipping too. I have to admit, I'm just not a big fan of the format, I never was. Anything that large should have a hardcover.

I mean, I have no way to store it. It's so big I have to put it on my record shelf.

On 1/6/2017 at 10:15 PM, SquareChaos said:

I have to think that Image treasury edition is rarely going to be really high grade. I have two copies of it, and both have some issues. Every copy I've ever seen of it has had some issues.

Mine is def 9.6/9.8. Got it from someone on here... forget who... but ya, wish CGC would grade treasury. It's my only treasury and I baby it. Wish there were more options to store and display though. 

?? ??

yes it is. Its disappointing but it was quite the cool book while it lasted. Tim seems to have moved on with Vault comics. I've tried them all and I don't really care for any of them. I have no idea what Mahdi is doing other than great portraits. He is something special. Oh well, it isn't the first book that I've had to do without. I miss lots of them but I really thought this was going to be a book destined for great things. Can't win em all. 

Yep. I was looking at prices on Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth #1 and Five Ghosts #1. I was surprised by the amount that each was selling for on ebay. The only good thing about it is that people who missed out initially can now afford to read these and see some amazing art. 

Coming up on 30 days...at least his twitter account is timdaniel@enormouscomic.  I mean, he could have changed it to timdaniel@atollcomic.

Really hoping this comes back for another arc this year.  I don't give a rats who the publisher is or if aftermarket is dead.   

Alright!

Stuff has been-- busy. Want the full scoop? Here goes...

Mehdi and I worked on Enormous for 6+ years. We both needed a break. Mehdi especially, to focus on anything but Enormous for a while and me to write some new books and also help Vault Comics launch through doing all of their design and some production work. In the meantime, Enormous was pitched overseas to various Chinese studios. We got close, at least a couple of different times, with good talent attached too, but things have since cooled for different reasons out of my control. Enormous has been given a rest as both Adrian Askarieh and I work on several other projects-- some my own, others for different creators.

Right now, I'm focused on my mew titles; Atoll, Fissure, Spiritus & Morning Star while chipping away at the scripts for the entire 3rd Arc of Enormous. We'll return. At some point. And we might return as we did previously w/ Mehdi on art or we might return with a new artist (and Mehdi too) or we might even return with a different title within the Enormous world. I've got several strategies in mind, because ultimately I can't justifiably ask Mehdi to illustrate a book that consumes so much of his time for so little in return. I also can't expect readers to wait around forever or even care. But, I've got a story to tell and that's my only objective.

For those of you at SDCC this year, I strongly encourage you to come by the Vault Booth - 1530. We've got so many cool exclusives, many super limited and several great creators appearing for signings. And I'll  be bringing the following, so I hope to see you all there!

If you have any more questions about Enormous or any of my books - fire away!

IMG_7671.JPG

SDCC_17_TIM_Final.jpg