• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 11:42 AM, Tazmaster83 said:

Little disappointed with the lack of feedback from Tim to be honest with you.   Especially with modern age books, the continuity for many series seems to be lacking.  Southern Bastards is a prime example of that.

I understand your disappointment, Taz. I do and I'm sorry. But I'll do all that I can to finish this story.

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 0:33 PM, the authority said:

?? ??

yes it is. Its disappointing but it was quite the cool book while it lasted. Tim seems to have moved on with Vault comics. I've tried them all and I don't really care for any of them. I have no idea what Mahdi is doing other than great portraits. He is something special. Oh well, it isn't the first book that I've had to do without. I miss lots of them but I really thought this was going to be a book destined for great things. Can't win em all. 

Authority!  I miss this as much as you do, promise. Mehdi is currently working on several different freelance projects in several different mediums actually.

I can't say I'm disappointed; it's probably more disappointing for speculators, but just as a fan, I appreciate the info and can certainly understand the need to give the title a rest so they can focus on other projects. What is disappointing to me is when titles this good don't become their creators' bread and butter. 

The whole movie thing isn't surprising or disappointing to me either, because we all know that only a minute percentage of projects actually make it to the small or big screen. 

Edited by ebtorres

I am disappointed first that Tim said that he had big news and it seems more like the big news was about his new ventures than the title this thread was created for. 

Second, because the story could have gone in a few directions and was interesting. More than that, the art was phenomenal!

Speculation is what it is.

I have a great collection of the first arc of this book in my collection that I will probably won't sell until retirement gets closer and that won't be for awhile. When you are a fan of a book you just want more. I wanted more, especially considering we are up to issue 12 on what Tim said would be a number of issues comparable to Y the last man. I figured I had a lot to look forward too, but I will just have to wait now...

1 hour ago, ebtorres said:

I can't say I'm disappointed; it's probably more disappointing for speculators, but just as a fan, I appreciate the info and can certainly understand the need to give the title a rest so they can focus on other projects. What is disappointing to me is when titles this good don't become their creators' bread and butter. 

The whole movie thing isn't surprising or disappointing to me either, because we all know that only a minute percentage of projects actually make it to the small or big screen. 

I could not agree more! The amount of time, care, love and planning we poured into Enormous was staggering. Wish readers would try and take the occasional risk but mainly people want more of what they already have. None of this is done or over however.

1 hour ago, JOEY GUNZ said:

I am disappointed first that Tim said that he had big news and it seems more like the big news was about his new ventures than the title this thread was created for. 

Second, because the story could have gone in a few directions and was interesting. More than that, the art was phenomenal!

Speculation is what it is.

I have a great collection of the first arc of this book in my collection that I will probably won't sell until retirement gets closer and that won't be for awhile. When you are a fan of a book you just want more. I wanted more, especially considering we are up to issue 12 on what Tim said would be a number of issues comparable to Y the last man. I figured I had a lot to look forward too, but I will just have to wait now...

None of this is done or over.

Thanks for the feedback. Once the speculation is gone, the stories still remain - they'll speak for themselves over time one way or the other.

I do hope the original team is back together whenever the next Enormous-related comic hits the stands.

2 hours ago, enormouscomic said:

Authority!  I miss this as much as you do, promise. Mehdi is currently working on several different freelance projects in several different mediums actually.

I know you care about the book. I just hadn't heard any news so I figured this was done...at least for the time being. I do miss it so I hope you get it going again. (thumbsu

7 minutes ago, SquareChaos said:

Thanks for the feedback. Once the speculation is gone, the stories still remain - they'll speak for themselves over time one way or the other.

I do hope the original team is back together whenever the next Enormous-related comic hits the stands.

+1

5 hours ago, enormouscomic said:

I could not agree more! The amount of time, care, love and planning we poured into Enormous was staggering. Wish readers would try and take the occasional risk but mainly people want more of what they already have. None of this is done or over however.

I appreciate the amount of time and effort you guys put into this project. I also understand that if it isn't profitable for you, its not worth doing. I'm for you guys making money and as much as I enjoyed the series, I like you a lot more than that. You've been great on this site and I'm glad to have met ( digitally anyway ) you. If anything else happens, great. If nothing happens, I'll be okay too. lol

PS: If you DO see Awax heading your way at SDCC, hide your stash...  :roflmao: