• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

Mehdi Cheggour and Tim Daniel are on guest list for NYCC 2015. Might need to do a CGC SS

"Might"!???? ???

:grin:

We need to work out the specifics - however, in all likelihood we will be setting up special signings for CGC SS.

Mehdi Cheggour and Tim Daniel are on guest list for NYCC 2015. Might need to do a CGC SS

"Might"!???? ???

We need to work out the specifics - however, in all likelihood we will be setting up special signings for CGC SS.

Why? Its a public convention not a private signing even as far as I know. I hardly think there will be a shortage of CGC witness around for the person to grab and get a SS done. I've found many creators willing to work with the person personally. I'll give you an example Cullen Bunn has great fan friendly social skills and signed a few of my books for free even with a CGC witness a while back. 2c

Edited by natevegas

"Might"!???? ???

Why? Its a public convention not a private signing even as far as I know. I hardly think there will be a shortage of CGC witness around for the person to grab and get a SS done. I've found many creators willing to work with the person personally. I'll give you an example Cullen Bunn has great fan friendly social skills and signed a few of my books for free even with a CGC witness a while back. 2c

Maybe setting up special signings for CGC SS doesn't mean the creators won't sign books for the fans in artist alley or elsewhere like if they have scheduled signings at a booth. Special signings is prob just an easier and more efficient way to get books signed directly with CGC SS. I could be wrong, though, but I'm sure Court will clarify the details.

"Might"!???? ???

Maybe setting up special signings for CGC SS doesn't mean the creators won't sign books for the fans in artist alley or elsewhere like if they have scheduled signings at a booth. Special signings is prob just an easier and more efficient way to get books signed directly with CGC SS. I could be wrong, though, but I'm sure Court will clarify the details.

(thumbs u

This just streamlines the process so all CGC SS books can be tackled at once, and we don't have to worry about having someone walk up with 100 books and asking to have them all signed while other fans wait for a chance to talk to Tim and Mehdi. This also means that only one witness needs to be present for the whole signing, etc. Less work for Tim and Mehdi, less work for CGC, less guessing for the cusotmers as to when they might be available, etc. Should be a win-win.

They will, of course, be happy to sign all other books at any time in AA provided that they are not for CGC SS.

I want to preface this by saying I am not trying to be argumentative, I just want to provide a counter point. I think some of us may be overestimating the swarm around the table making it impossible to talk with the creators. I have supported this comic from the beginning, I preordered the first issue through Midtown based on me buying and enjoying the over sized Image Comics publication. I then preordered all of the subsequent issues and arranged to pick up the NYCC 2nd print as well other issues at the 215 Ink table last year. Everyone there was extremely nice by the way. If the creators of this small publication feel it necessary to charge for signatures, that is their right and I have no issue with that. I would however point out that since many recognizable people in the industry do not charge for signatures, it might be a better way to build a fan base by not beating the relatively small number of people purchasing your work over the head. Again, if they feel they need to charge, that is their right. However, the idea of also having to pay a facilitator to get it done for me versus just grabbing a witness and getting my signatures done is a bit of a turn off. By going myself I can bring a specific marker to make sure that the color I want gets done, something that no facilitator would guarantee. I had no problem getting my Walt Simonson comics signed and witnessed last year at NYCC, so I am pretty sure CGC can handle the requests for these creators. This also saves us from having to pay someone else to do what we can, and will already be doing with other creators, easily do ourselves. I purchased ten blank Enormous covers, aside from getting in on the special Mehdi sketch opp. If I have these sketched at NYCC by other artists and then want to have Tim and Mehdi sign them would I be out because this does not fit the streamlined idea? I just ask that this idea is revisited as it is really only a win-win scenario for the person that makes money off of forcing me to turn my comics over to them instead of letting me do the work myself.

I thank everyone who took the time to read this and wish you all a good day.

I appreciate that. I have no intention of getting rich off of flipping comics, I just enjoy having them. People who know me know that I have never sold anything at all. I look forward to meeting you and hopefully being able to bring you my stuff to get signed that I can submit myself to CGC with a witness I bring over.

"Might"!???? ???

(thumbs u

This just streamlines the process so all CGC SS books can be tackled at once, and we don't have to worry about having someone walk up with 100 books and asking to have them all signed while other fans wait for a chance to talk to Tim and Mehdi. This also means that only one witness needs to be present for the whole signing, etc. Less work for Tim and Mehdi, less work for CGC, less guessing for the cusotmers as to when they might be available, etc. Should be a win-win.

They will, of course, be happy to sign all other books at any time in AA provided that they are not for CGC SS.

I'm a bit confused by the points you make here. I'm not a novice, I've had books signed for CGC SS as well as submit without signatures and yes while CGC does charge a little more unless a person is asking for some sketch or sketch cover how does this bog down time? Are you trying to say that an additional special CGC witness needs to also be tapped in for the process because I've never seen that happen. A CGC witness is all that is needed. Tim has chimed in here he's more than happen to work and sign with anyone so I just think this special order thing either isn't really necessary or someone is trying to make an additional profit on a service that is already factored in between CGC , the artist, and the person paying for the service on a individual basis. 2c

I will never charge for a signature. I don't care what the scenario entails. Never. I'll sign anything and everything. Least I can do for those willing to support my creative dreams.

+1 Enormous Rocks!

Edited by natevegas

I will never charge for a signature. I don't care what the scenario entails. Never. I'll sign anything and everything. Least I can do for those willing to support my creative dreams.

I'm going to have you sign my girlfriend's boobs... Because they are enormous........ Who am I kidding... I'm single... I just wanted to make that joke ... :sorry:

Great, I'm going to start looking for a new house now that I have a cosigner. I'll keep it under a cool mil so no worries. You're the man. :P

OK, I think a few things are getting confused here.

For starters, I never said anything about a special witness, or handing books off to someone else, etc. I just suggested the possibility of scheduled CGC SS signings where you (or your proxy) would bring the books by the booth at the scheduled time and all of the CGC SS books could be signed at once. There is no additional fee for a special witness, and no reason you couldn't bring the books by yourself.

Also - if Tim and Mehdi decide to offer free sigs on any/all CGC SS books, then that is certainly their right to do so, and their decision to make. If they also just want to sign books as they are approached at the table, that's fine too. I've just seen it once too often where someone walks up with a large stack of books to get signed for resale (multiple copies of each cover, etc), and this not only holds up the creators for anyone else that might like to talk to them, but it also is taking advantage of the creators for monetary gain. Obviously, this is the exception and not the rule, but...it happens. There are several people that travel from show to show making a living by getting books signed and graded for resale.