• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fan Expo Canada August

345 posts in this topic

I was really hoping to see Ed Brubaker

If there is a petition for that, I'd sign it :D

I know that they have tried, year after year, and one of his collaborators - Steve Epting - loves Fan Expo and comes nearly every year but can't convince Brubaker to make an appearance. Usually he says he has commitments. And yes, as Branget said, he was just here in May at TCAF and did a signing at the Beguiling with Darwyn Cooke. I asked him myself a couple of times when I was working at the show and got nothing but polite refusals...

I'm a little disappointed with the lack of artists/writers attending so far...

I was really hoping to see Ed Brubaker, Frank Miller, Jim Lee, Scott Snyder, Jamie Tyndall, Chris Claremont, and a few others.... my daughter also really wanted to see Darryl from TWD. Instead we got three dead cast members, Michonne (which she wants to see too) and Carl cancelled.

I just figured for their 20th anniversary they would have a lot more going on.

Still, I'm glad we at least have something in our neck of the woods.

We just discussed Brubaker... last here in May 2014 for TCAF.

Frank Miller... doesn't do shows. Made a rare appearance at SDCC this year, have you seen the pictures? He does not look well.

Jim Lee... there are discussions every year about him coming up. It's all up to his work schedule.

Ditto for Scott Snyder... based on his schedule and more importantly his wife's work schedule.

Jamie Tyndall... the cover artist for Zenoscope? Wasn't he at the Toronto ComiCON back in March? I'm pretty sure I met him there.

Chris Claremont... I think he was last at Fan Expo four years ago, but Dr. Comics seems to have him at their store in Kensington Market a couple of times a year. Last here in May for FCBD.

I was really hoping to see Ed Brubaker, Frank Miller, Jim Lee, Scott Snyder, Jamie Tyndall, Chris Claremont, and a few others.... my daughter also really wanted to see Darryl from TWD. Instead we got three dead cast members, Michonne (which she wants to see too) and Carl cancelled.

Jamie Tyndall... the cover artist for Zenoscope? Wasn't he at the Toronto ComiCON back in March? I'm pretty sure I met him there.

Tyndall is usually in the Artist Alley. I think he was at Fan Expo for the previous couple of years. I believe he was at the previous couple of Toronto ComiCONs, as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see him there this year. We'll see when the floorplan is released.

Also, Norman Reedus was announced as a guest this year. Looks like your daughter can meet him, Gunnz.

Tyndall is usually in the Artist Alley. I think he was at Fan Expo for the previous couple of years. I believe he was at the previous couple of Toronto ComiCONs, as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see him there this year. We'll see when the floorplan is released.

Also, Norman Reedus was announced as a guest this year. Looks like your daughter can meet him, Gunnz.

Ya, I missed Brubaker at TCAF. I was working. Stupid work! And ya, I got the email about Norman Reedus. My daughter a brick. And i saw that Jamie Tyndall is gonna be there too.

I'll have to track down Mr. Brubaker. I have a Captain America #1 Fan expo variant that needs his sig. Mr. Epting will see me this year. :headbang:

So, now I may not be able to go at all. My GF has to have surgery and the tentative date is the 27th. She'll be in hospital for a couple of days.

I'll post when I know for sure, but i may have free tickets if anyone wants them. No refunds so I may as well give them to someone who would enjoy them as much as me.

I'll post when I know more.

Cancelled/postponed? whats the dif?

unless they will only be there one day?

I always thought postponed meant that something can't be done at that time, but will be rescheduled. So, I was wondering, were they slated for the Friday and now they're working on getting them in for the Saturday/Sunday? If not, then they're really just misleading people and should just put the word "cancelled" in there.