• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

His name is Swicky

His name is Robert Paulson

His name is Robert Paulson

Shhhh

THE GIVING TREE RULES:

• No HOS/PL Members (tsk)
  • You must have at least 50 posts and 3 months on the Boards
  • If you claim something, you must post your offering within 24 hours
  • Only one offer at a time. No new offer can be posted until the existing offer has been claimed
  • Post pics or scans of the book(s) you're giving away
  • Only one :takeit: per month, per member.
  • 3 Strike Rule: If you are receive 3 strikes in a year, you can no longer participate in the thread.
  • 3 Day Window to have an offer claimed. If your offer is not claimed in 3 days, you get a strike.
  • If your items are not claimed, you are not allowed to offer them again.
  • You can only claim something from each member once in a given year.

***********************************************************************************************************************

Just remember - if all you do is take and give nothing back, there will be nothing left of the tree.

***********************************************************************************************************************

So how does this work? If you offer something and it isn't claimed within 3 days, you get a strike. Then what? Your offer still stands until it's taken? Your offer is removed and then??? The rules aren't clear.

I think their offer should have to stay. They should not get to just walk away with a strike if they claimed Original Art and offered an X-Force comic in return. The social pressure of doing the right thing needs to stay.

I think their offer should have to stay. They should not get to just walk away with a strike if they claimed Original Art and offered an X-Force comic in return.

Ya the rules seem a bit undefined. If someone claims a gem, and then offers a turd which it isn't claimed, they have gotten the gem scott free with nothing worse than strike #1 (of 3). How's that different than what the PIF thread used to be? I guess they can only get away with it 3 times but otherwise isn't it the same?

I think their offer should have to stay. They should not get to just walk away with a strike if they claimed Original Art and offered an X-Force comic in return. The social pressure of doing the right thing needs to stay.

hm

It's a very fluid thread. We'll address it when it happens.

He did that on purpose so everyone would hit refresh and then he went to bed.

$#!@@!#!!!!!!!

ok that's a strike

I think their offer should have to stay. They should not get to just walk away with a strike if they claimed Original Art and offered an X-Force comic in return.

Ya the rules seem a bit undefined. If someone claims a gem, and then offers a turd which it isn't claimed, they have gotten the gem scott free with nothing worse than strike #1 (of 3). How's that different than what the PIF thread used to be? I guess they can only get away with it 3 times but otherwise isn't it the same?

Three times and :hi:

What else do you propose we do? :popcorn:

I would say it reverts back, they lose the item, and get a strike. They gain nothing except one spot closer to being kicked out.

Something like that should automatically get you the boot.

Well, the first idea that comes to mind off the cuff, I'd propose just letting the community VETO their turd offer and if the offer gets 10+ VETO's they get the boot immediately and don't get the item the claimed.

Otherwise it's exactly like the PIF was before we made some changes, with a 3 time scam limit.

What's to stop a friend from taking the "Youngblood 1" and help the person avoid the strike.

Maybe the issue isn't the threads themselves but the members.

What if you could only join the trading/giving threads by only submitting your items that you have for trade/give and they needed to be approved by the moderator of the thread or a panel of three people

Just an idea. I suspect that while the initial offering by Swick was great and subsequent will be just as good, sooner or later someone will disrupt it. There should be a price for admission or else anyone can jump in with their

I would say it reverts back, they lose the item, and get a strike. They gain nothing except one spot closer to being kicked out.

hm

I didn't like the revert back thing because - again, that wasn't PIF initially until it became a donkey haven. At what point does the reverting back stop? (shrug) 3 strikes and social stigma you'd think might deter some. But I have been surprised. Again, let's see where this thread goes. (thumbs u