• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain America Comics #1 Club
14 14

1,547 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, lhcomics said:

I didn't need the front cover so grading it made it easy to sell. My Bat 1 is a .5 incomplete so no need to grade. If I did grade it would get qualified. 

P.S. you need to reduce the size of images in your signature line.

Can you give a range of what the work to the cover cost?  They don’t give any examples of prices that I’ve seen.

11 hours ago, Knightsofold said:

Can you give a range of what the work to the cover cost?  They don’t give any examples of prices that I’ve seen.

If you're asking what I had to pay CCS to have the 2 covers removed from binder it was $500.

On 3/28/2018 at 10:13 AM, gadzukes said:

This is what happened to me 4 or 5 years back.  I needed a Cap 1 CF, had searched for 5 years with no luck to find one, but then a horrendously bad coverless copy of it came up on CC or CL.  All the wraps were split at the spine except the CF, and at least 6 pages had panels cut out.  In my mind I figured $4000 would be enough to win it (remember, prices were lower back then), but I got into a bidding war with someone else and I ended up shelling out $8000 for it.  I figured it might be my last time to realistically have a shot at getting the Cap 1 CF so I went all in.  I am SOOOO happy I did.

P1030872_2.JPG

I remember that.  That copy came up on ebay with a BIN of $1100 or $1200 or so.  I saw it and hesitated for a split second too long, and it was gone.  About a month later it showed up on CL.

2 hours ago, cousin itt said:

I remember that.  That copy came up on ebay with a BIN of $1100 or $1200 or so.  I saw it and hesitated for a split second too long, and it was gone.  About a month later it showed up on CL.

Yes, that's the one!  Someone made a quick & tidy profit in about a month's time.

10 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Do you know the seller?

Heeeeck no.  Just basing it on human nature of how sellers price things. He's basically asking $300k, so he knows what they've been going for, and he sees the 2.5 right there on comiclink as well, three full grades lower, pending at just under $100k.  The seller of the 5.5 already believes his price to be reasonable  (and it basically is), but he will give a little to get the deal done.  "A little" would be coming down $25k to $275k.  

-J.

20 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:
37 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Do you know the seller?

Heeeeck no.  Just basing it on human nature of how sellers price things. He's basically asking $300k, so he knows what they've been going for, and he sees the 2.5 right there on comiclink as well, three full grades lower, pending at just under $100k.  The seller of the 5.5 already believes his price to be reasonable  (and it basically is), but he will give a little to get the deal done.  "A little" would be coming down $25k to $275k.  

-J.

Got it.  I guess we have to do the wait and see approach. The $250k i mentioned is around the min estimate, sure I can see it selling for more.