• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain America Comics #1 Club
14 14

1,547 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, TeddieMercede said:

This 5.5 had great colors and PQ = went for more. 

I think the consensus is that somebody went a little crazy with photoshop on those scans.  (: Still a nice looking book though.  But a 3.5 on HA with "LT/OW" on the label went off $119.5k earlier this year.  Then the 7.5 on CC went low followed by the 6.5 on Ebay with restoration notes. Those two sales looked to be a break in the momentum of the book, but as I said this 5.5 was a bit of a bounce back. :banana:

-J.

I saw a few mid grade for sale at WW last week. Plus this one that just went and the 2 for sale in the clink exchange are still available. Plus a front cover and some nice single pages.  A little bit for everyone. Surprised those pages haven’t sold. 

Edited by Chicago Boy

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 6:43 AM, Chicago Boy said:

Another 0.5 Blue added to the Census. There are 3 also in that grade between Qualified and Restored that I don’t recall seeing on the census ??  

It looks like that copy just sold on ComicLink for $30.2K (incomplete 0.5 blue).

Pretty sure that used to be a restored 0.5.

-J.

9 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

It looks like that copy just sold on ComicLink for $30.2K (incomplete 0.5 blue).

Pretty sure that used to be a restored 0.5.

-J.

all I know is that the 0.5 universal copies have doubled on the census in the last 6 months. Regardless beautiful 0.5 and I was glad to see Cap 1  pull in 31k for it.  Cap 1 ‘s certainly are available as of late in all shapes and sizes   25k a point seems to b sticking these days however   That being said that 0.5 was worth every penny of 31k imo 

Edited by Chicago Boy

7 minutes ago, Rezin1234 said:

Does a page from the book count ?. Just got one from the clink auction. Might have overpaid but truthfully I don't care. This is beyond historical imo. 

It counts !  Piece of History !!  Congrats !! Let’s see it !!!!

Lots of great unslabbed single Cap 1 pages being sold by a boardie on ebay, including some Red Skull pages.  The page quality looks to be pretty nice.

And he also listed this :roflmao:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Captain-America-1-Staples-Only-Removed-From-Book-Rare-Complete-Your-Copy-Timley/123462224833?hash=item1cbeec0bc1:g:WpYAAOSwo3Fb2gT8:rk:1:pf:0