• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain America Comics #1 Club
14 14

1,547 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Used to be close to $40k a point a year or so ago

Yeah. I was sorry to see it drop at all ( personally and as one that thinks it should be the highest priced Marvel GA book pound for pound —maybe even rivaling the Big 2.  A 1,000,000 original print run, 1941 release date , a cover that probably led to more people hanging on the book contributed to it playing catch up through the years. .....

Back then there was rarely available for sale especially unrestored copies. Probably what drove the prices to that level. 

That time I had serious buyer who offered something like $175 for my copy but I wouldn't take anything less than $200.

On 1/11/2019 at 9:55 AM, Chicago Boy said:

5.5 on CLink price lowered to 200k

He can keep on dreaming. If a much nicer 6.0 sells for 175K why the hell would anyone buy his copy for 200 !? You can tell by the number of offers he has received ( zero ! not even the usual lowball 50% offers ) that potential buyers are interested. :eyeroll:

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 1/11/2019 at 1:04 AM, Dark Knight said:

That time I had serious buyer who offered something like $175 for my copy but I wouldn't take anything less than $200.

$200 you say ... hm ?     :takeit:

I'm even feeling generous and will send over $250 :bigsmile:

:insane:

Edited by Gotham Kid

16 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

He can keep on dreaming. If a much nicer 6.0 sells for 175K why the hell would anyone buy his copy for 200 !? You can tell by the number of offers he has received ( zero ! not even the usual lowball 50% offers ) that potential buyers are interested. :eyeroll:

Agreed. I’ve considered them both. And the 5.5 has a faded cover and lower page quality, to the point I’m not interested 

5 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Looks like someone did the usual lowball lol