• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain America Comics #1 Club
14 14

1,547 posts in this topic

On 3/14/2019 at 12:26 PM, lhcomics said:

Not even close. ComicConnect sold a Bat 1 5.0 within last month for $240K.

Having owned and loved both books (not those specific copies), I have gone back and fourth regarding which one should be the more valuable of the two.

If you asked me today, it is and should be Batman #1. Although Cap #1 has become the top Timely, and extremely desirable to collectors who are not into DCs, Batman #1 has so much more desirable content.

From a content point of view, it’s like comparing a 9/10 to an 11/10. It’s no knock on Cap #1 but Batman is so much more popular and the 1st two appearances of the Joker, 1st appearance of Catwoman, final pre-Robin story, etc. is simply overwhelming.

26 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

Having owned and loved both books (not those specific copies), I have gone back and fourth regarding which one should be the more valuable of the two.

If you asked me today, it is and should be Batman #1. Although Cap #1 has become the top Timely, and extremely desirable to collectors who are not into DCs, Batman #1 has so much more desirable content.

From a content point of view, it’s like comparing a 9/10 to an 11/10. It’s no knock on Cap #1 but Batman is so much more popular and the 1st two appearances of the Joker, 1st appearance of Catwoman, final pre-Robin story, etc. is simply overwhelming.

28 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

Obviously if I had the resources available, I would buy both.  I see it as 1st Captain America vs 1st Joker. 

1 hour ago, Knightsofold said:

When did the Cap 1 vs Batman 1 thing start?  It seems to have been going on strong for at least 4 or so years at least.

I don’t remember it being that long ago. A couple of years ( less)  ?  PPP were tight abd then Bats 1 pulled away. Personally , book wise I don’t think it should be a contest (Cap 1)  and fiscally it doesn’t appear to be close at this point ( Bats 1) 

Edited by Chicago Boy

Like I've been saying before, if you can't decide on which book to buy (Bat 1 or Cap 1), then the only solution is to buy both. I promise you, you will sleep better at night without having to think and think on it or having a quick change of mind that you should've bought the other one lol

21 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Like I've been saying before, if you can't decide on which book to buy (Bat 1 or Cap 1), then the only solution is to buy both. I promise you, you will sleep better at night without having to think and think on it or having a quick change of mind that you should've bought the other one lol

Your rationale is always so simple Brian! ^^

3 hours ago, Primetime said:
3 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Your rationale is always so simple Brian! 

Thanks Ben :acclaim:  Easy right? 

17 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Gorgeous !  What's FMV on something like that ?

$25k-$35k range I believe...Leroy's copy is exceptional for the grade....but this is the Cap 1 thread :grin:

Edited by Primetime