• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain America Comics #1 Club
14 14

1,547 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Most recent sales I know of are the 7.0 for $243k ($34k PPP) and a 1.0 I believe I read earlier in the thread went for $50k.

-J.

I was the underbidder on the 7.0. I stopped at $241k when it became clear to me the other guy had bigger balls than me. So I let the Cap 1 3.5, also going at the same time in the CC auction, go to another forever home. The 3.5 went for $86k. I was willing to pay $34k per point on the 7.0, but the 3.5 didn’t garner as much love.  It went for a shade under $25k pp. 

5 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Maybe if you came up on that pie-in-the-sky $25k per point offer.... lol :baiting:

-J.

doh!

That’s pretty funny, truly. But see above answer. Unless its a 7.0, I’m not lowballing anyone.  Actually, I’m offering auction prices at $25k pp

880A450A-2FF1-4503-93AE-5F86C762A88A.png

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

5 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I was the underbidder on the 7.0. I stopped at $241k when it became clear to me the other guy had bigger balls than me. So I let the Cap 1 3.5, also going at the same time in the CC auction, go to another forever home. The 3.5 went for $86k. I was willing to pay $34k per point on the 7.0, but the 3.5 didn’t garner as much love.  It went for a shade under $25k pp. 

doh!

That’s pretty funny, truly. But see above answer. Unless its a 7.0, I’m not lowballing anyone.  Actually, I’m offering auction prices at $25k pp

880A450A-2FF1-4503-93AE-5F86C762A88A.png

Well in fairness, the 3.5 has restoration notes....

A 3.5 with no restoration notes sold for $102k back in November.  

-J.

Does this price per point business work?  Looking at bat 1 gpa data it seems to show a pattern.  I know it doesn’t work for silver age keys, for example af15.  For golden age too many factors affecting price per point(Example page quality slightly tan) blue labels with glue notes.

21 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

Does this price per point business work?  Looking at bat 1 gpa data it seems to show a pattern.  I know it doesn’t work for silver age keys, for example af15.  For golden age too many factors affecting price per point(Example page quality slightly tan) blue labels with glue notes.

For the most part yea, it is just a rough estimate.  Some copies could sell for more or less depending on several factors

1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:

One thing's for sure, I won't sell my copy for under $35k a point if I wanted to sell

Twinsies! :grin:

And right there with you.  I doubt anyone would.  

I would imagine best hope of getting a copy for less than that (or even in the ~$30k a point range) would be to wait for another auction (and we all know how those can go).

-J.

14 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Well in fairness, the 3.5 has restoration notes....

A 3.5 with no restoration notes sold for $102k back in November.  

-J.

It’s true the CC 3.5 had glue on it, which does seem consistent wth restoration removal. Also, it had tape and a signature on it. Might have affected the final hammer price. I guess time will tell what truly is the Cap 1 fmv PPP. My $25k PPP offer was not meant as a sign of disrespect. It’s a sign I want in the Cap 1 club! You guys are cool!

1 minute ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

It’s true the CC 3.5 had glue on it, which does seem consistent wth restoration removal. Also, it had tape and a signature on it. Might have affected the final hammer price. I guess time will tell what truly is the Cap 1 fmv PPP. My $25k PPP offer was not meant as a sign of disrespect. It’s a sign I want in the Cap 1 club! You guys are cool!

We're just bustin yer chops. :bigsmile:

-J.

23 hours ago, Spiderturtle said:

No, it doesn’t work.  The “entry level” grades 0.5-2.0 of mega keys are arguably the most competitive, so those prices per point don’t translate as the grade goes higher.  

Edited by Knightsofold

47 minutes ago, Knightsofold said:

No, it doesn’t work.  The “entry level” grades 0.5-2.0 of mega keys are arguably the most competitive, so those prices per point don’t translate as the grade goes higher.  

That makes sense to me since the pool of buyers is greater at the “entry level”

Edited by Spiderturtle