• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain America Comics #1 Club
14 14

1,547 posts in this topic

On 12/13/2018 at 1:46 PM, JB123 said:

Yeah!

OK here is my next question...…..

Can anyone here help me obtain pages...…. 1-5,15-18,23,30-32?

And a Cover of any sort...…?!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

John

Hey John,

Page 5 popped up in ebay for a decent price in my opinion.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CAPTAIN-AMERICA-COMICS-1-1ST-APPEARANCE-OF-CAPTAIN-AMERICA-BUCKY-PAGE-5/133001822127?hash=item1ef786bfaf:g:mj0AAOSw7a9cmG~F

So with Cap 1 trending at 25k-50k per point do you think that would in turn raise prices for restored/qualified copies? I only ask because i recently won the 7.0 Jon Berk (restored)on CL, for what I feel was a steal even with it being restored at the 2300 per point. 

And in terms of the Batman 1 vs Cap 1, I see many more batman 1 available at any moment compared to batman 1. I think on eBay I see like 9 or 10 copies at a time, were as cap 1 I was looking for awhile for a copy. 

Dave 

Edited by colossus is awesome!

51 minutes ago, colossus is awesome! said:

So with Cap 1 trending at 25k-50k per point do you think that would in turn raise prices for restored/qualified copies? I only ask because i recently won the 7.0 Jon Berk (restored)on CL, for what I feel was a steal even with it being restored at the 2300 per point. 

And in terms of the Batman 1 vs Cap 1, I see many more batman 1 available at any moment compared to batman 1. I think on eBay I see like 9 or 10 copies at a time, were as cap 1 I was looking for awhile for a copy. 

Dave 

There was a time when restored books were avoided, but elevated price points and secure third party grading help increase FMV for non blue label books. The demand for Cap 1 is always on the up as well. Bat 1s are certainly more available. 

Cap 1 pages and wraps have been popping up like crazy on ebay lately.  There's even a cover (well, most of a cover) on ebay right now.

I was able to snag the 7th wrap for under $400.  I think I got the page with the first appearance of Betty Ross (aka Peggy Carter).  The wrap doesn't have Redskull on it (dang), but still..... it's a Cap 1 wrap for under $400.

The top edge and free edge look to have rodent/bug chews (or was that a clever way to hide a trim?).

Can I be part of the club with 1 wrap?

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

Edited by gadzukes

The tec pages that you speak of haven’t  had any new bids in a while. The typical cooling down point until the storm. The action page is up to 4K but hasn’t met its reserve yet.   I wonder what the reserve is on it ?   I’m guessing  reasonably 5 to 7K 

Edited by Chicago Boy

5 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

These pages are everywhere now. I bought one myself, so I know they are all from a boardie. 

Theres also some important pages from Tec 27 and Action 1 in the current CC auction.

i think the acceptance into the hobby of single pages has grown. Personally, I love em

That said, MAIL CALL! I just got this back from CGC Wednesday 

C20F5553-A292-4C33-946A-0B1F614FBA46.jpeg

Wow you upgraded it to a 3.5?  Nice job and congrats!

47 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

The tec pages that you speak of haven’t  had any new bids in a while. The typical cooling down point until the storm. The action page is up to 4K but hasn’t met its reserve yet.   I wonder what the reserve is on it ?   I’m guessing  reasonably 5 to 7K 

It ain’t $5k, because I bid that and it didn’t meet reserve

1 hour ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

It ain’t $5k, because I bid that and it didn’t meet reserve

Curious as to what it is. It does have white pages so maybe the consigned is thinking closer to 10k with the 25k page 1 sale and the 16k page 5 sake of recent times.  

7 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

These pages are everywhere now. I bought one myself, so I know they are all from a boardie. 

Theres also some important pages from Tec 27 and Action 1 in the current CC auction.

i think the acceptance into the hobby of single pages has grown. Personally, I love em

:applause:Wow that really is a superior looking copy.  Big time congrats!

-J.

11 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

You don’t get much better than that! Congratulations on that mammoth of a pickup!!

And I agree with you, as much as I hate to see any of the few copies that remain parted out, it has made pieces of history obtainable to collectors who couldn’t otherwise afford them and at the same time, helped to boost the value/desirability of the few complete copies that remain.

21 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I’m kind of smitten on the tie too :)

9 hours ago, Wayne-Tec said:

You don’t get much better than that! Congratulations on that mammoth of a pickup!!

And I agree with you, as much as I hate to see any of the few copies that remain parted out, it has made pieces of history obtainable to collectors who couldn’t otherwise afford them and at the same time, helped to boost the value/desirability of the few complete copies that remain.

Thanks, Wynne-Tec. I’m a bit conflicted about the “parted out” aspect, too.  But I never crack my books out, and although fun, reading the reprints don’t have the same allure for me as holding the original.  That’s where the pages come in.  It’s a glimpse inside of the book that I wouldn’t otherwise get.