• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain America Comics #1 Club
14 14

1,547 posts in this topic

On 5/31/2019 at 7:11 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

These pages are everywhere now. I bought one myself, so I know they are all from a boardie. 

Theres also some important pages from Tec 27 and Action 1 in the current CC auction.

i think the acceptance into the hobby of single pages has grown. Personally, I love em

That said, MAIL CALL! I just got this back from CGC Wednesday 

C20F5553-A292-4C33-946A-0B1F614FBA46.jpeg

Congrats Clark :hi:. I like it better when you are leaning back in that big 'ole leather chair holding your gold :x

On 6/1/2019 at 7:40 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Thanks, Wynne-Tec. I’m a bit conflicted about the “parted out” aspect, too.  But I never crack my books out, and although fun, reading the reprints don’t have the same allure for me as holding the original.  That’s where the pages come in.  It’s a glimpse inside of the book that I wouldn’t otherwise get.

I’m in the same boat. I won’t flip through books of a certain dollar value beyond checking for completion/restoration if I’m buying them raw. It’s just not worth the chance of them getting dinged in grade.

Slabbed pages give you the freedom to enjoy the original interior safely.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 7:11 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

These pages are everywhere now. I bought one myself, so I know they are all from a boardie. 

Theres also some important pages from Tec 27 and Action 1 in the current CC auction.

i think the acceptance into the hobby of single pages has grown. Personally, I love em

That said, MAIL CALL! I just got this back from CGC Wednesday 

C20F5553-A292-4C33-946A-0B1F614FBA46.jpeg

:baiting:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/captain-america-comics-1-san-francisco-pedigree-timely-1941-cgc-nm-94-off-white-to-white-pages/p/7211-83001.s?ic=Home-FeaturedItems-071515

Cap 1 SF copy cgc 9.4- this incredible book is coming to auction- price predictions?

I would love to see what the Allentown cgc 9.8 looks like...……………….mind boggling

5 hours ago, drdonaldblake1 said:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/captain-america-comics-1-san-francisco-pedigree-timely-1941-cgc-nm-94-off-white-to-white-pages/p/7211-83001.s?ic=Home-FeaturedItems-071515

Cap 1 SF copy cgc 9.4- this incredible book is coming to auction- price predictions?

I would love to see what the Allentown cgc 9.8 looks like...……………….mind boggling

This book is going to sell for hundreds and hundreds of dollars. Maybe more.

5 hours ago, drdonaldblake1 said:

I think it might bring 500-700k

You might be right. I definitely like the way you think. Cap 1 has been recently selling for around $35k price per point, which puts it around $335k.  Of course, the pedigree and the fact its one of the highest will bring a premium. Normally its hard to gauge how many people can afford to bid each other over the book, but seems like the  hitters will turn out for this one.  It’ll be interesting to see how its hammer price compares to the 9.2 AF 15 that just sold on CC for around $500k.

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

9 hours ago, drdonaldblake1 said:

I think it might bring 500-700k

No guess on hammer but let’s say you’re right topping out at 700k.  It just reinforces how how far ahead the BIG 2 really are from the rest of the mega key pack.