• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain America Comics #1 Club
14 14

1,547 posts in this topic

On 7/2/2020 at 7:31 PM, Jaydogrules said:

That rat chewed "4.0" did not have the best colors or eye appeal and appears to have sold for a 3.0 price, which is what it was originally graded at, if I'm not mistaken.  

Or at least, that's the highest grade I would give that.

This will be confirmed if/when the current 3.5 at auction sells for more...

-J.

it sold in heritage last (in 2018) as a cgc 3.5

Edited by G.A.tor

1 hour ago, Drgoldage said:

Hi had finished collecting marvel silver age books must have been 1982 when Hugh O’kennon sent me his latest list lots of great books and he still had captain America 1 For sale . I couldn’t resist and have this one still . The cover had me at Hello what full blooded American boy wouldn’t have wanted to slug Hitler and his cronies 

20894797-0707-4F52-A9D6-AF382B57E55A.jpeg

Beautiful !

7 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Beautiful !

Thanks my picture doesn’t do the book justice colors bright , extremely nice Edges and pages I have it tripled bagged and double boarded . So much action on the cover this would stand out on the newsstand in any era !

11 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Will these books appeal to the mechanics?

If you mean going blue I don't think either stands a chance as a candidate.

One is trimmed and the other was re-glossed.

41 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

If you mean going blue I don't think either stands a chance as a candidate.

One is trimmed and the other was re-glossed.

Yes, that’s what I meant. “Going blue”! I like the phrase.

if the mechanics don’t bite on these, maybe we can get a better idea of what percentage of blue a PLOD is truly going for

11 hours ago, Drgoldage said:

Hi had finished collecting marvel silver age books must have been 1982 when Hugh O’kennon sent me his latest list lots of great books and he still had captain America 1 For sale . I couldn’t resist and have this one still . The cover had me at Hello what full blooded American boy wouldn’t have wanted to slug Hitler and his cronies 

Great book! Congrats

Yep. I agree that trimming is not resto. by any means.. CGC should have a different colored label with trimmed books, excessive resto removal, anything of the like to highlight how it is complete destruction of comics.  I'd like to see the red label brought back for it (1st gen modern books were in red labels and have since changed).

17 hours ago, Drgoldage said:

Nice book Jeff. you still got that Tec 31 missing 6 pgs that you over paid for back in 2000.

30 minutes ago, woowoo said:

Nice book Jeff. you still got that Tec 31 missing 6 pgs that you over paid for back in 2000.

hard to know I’ve had several did it have a cover ?did I buy it from you ? You have a better memory than I do 

Just now, Drgoldage said:

hard to know I’ve had several did it have a cover ?did I buy it from you ? You have a better memory than I do 

No not from me and I don't know if it had a cover. I sold you Batman 7-8-9-10 last time we did a deal. I know you where not happy with the grade on one of them so I sent you my vg/f copy of Batman 49 to make you happy :whee:Now that book is hot.