• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain America Comics #1 Club
14 14

1,547 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, JB123 said:

anyone have a scan of inside back cover of cap one?

Thanks!

john

Here’s the graded cover on eBay. Due to the large piece missing from the front cover it shows part of the interior of the back. Don’t know if that helps lol.

7EFFC246-1D02-4D39-B2CF-748949AE7DEA.jpeg

Ok here is my question for this crowd......

Is there any difference in this back cover and the back cover from Mystic five?

Are they identical?

I've been studying them and I can't find a difference of any type but I'm old!!!!!!!

Any comments?

Here is a link to the mystic five back inside

Mystic Comics (1940) #5 - Read Mystic Comics (1940) Issue #5 Page 68 (comiconlinefree.net)

Thanks! - John

1 hour ago, JB123 said:

Ok here is my question for this crowd......

Is there any difference in this back cover and the back cover from Mystic five?

Are they identical?

I've been studying them and I can't find a difference of any type but I'm old!!!!!!!

Any comments?

Here is a link to the mystic five back inside

Mystic Comics (1940) #5 - Read Mystic Comics (1940) Issue #5 Page 68 (comiconlinefree.net)

Thanks! - John

It is a matching back cover inside and out. If one needed a Cap 1 back cover, a Mystic 5 back cover is the cheapest way to complete a Cap 1. The inside and outside coupon codes match. Unlike golden age DCs from the same release month, typically, Timelys from the same release month have mix matching codes or different inside back covers but these two books match (December, 1940 release date). The Human Torch 2 and Marvel Mystery 16 do not have back covers that match Cap 1/Mystic 5. 

Edited by Primetime

2 hours ago, Primetime said:

It is a matching back cover inside and out. If one needed a Cap 1 back cover, a Mystic 5 back cover is the cheapest way to complete a Cap 1. The inside and outside coupon codes match. Unlike golden age DCs from the same release month, typically, Timelys from the same release month have mix matching codes or different inside back covers but these two books match (December, 1940 release date). The Human Torch 2 and Marvel Mystery 16 do not have back covers that match Cap 1/Mystic 5. 

Nice info thanks much!

1 hour ago, quicksilver said:

Here's mine back from Matt Nelson, started out as a 3.0, and he said the pages were rather brittle...

2862.1.181.1.3.jpg

Very nice.  Didn't know Matt was still doing restoration work.  Figured being the primary grader would take up all his time.  I wonder how he took the pages from "rather brittle" to off-white?

On 12/18/2020 at 11:21 AM, walclark said:

Very nice.  Didn't know Matt was still doing restoration work.  Figured being the primary grader would take up all his time.  I wonder how he took the pages from "rather brittle" to off-white?

His main man Kenny did the actual work...they basically split and leafcast every wrap.

Edited by quicksilver